Important information for your Telehealth Appointment
- For your telehealth visit you will be connecting with our team through a secure video platform called Teladoc
- You will receive a text 24 hours before your appointment asking you to CHECK IN online. Please use this link and complete our mobile check in before joining the video visit.
- A link to your video appointment will also be sent to you before your appointment by text, email, or both. Use this link to connect with our staff at your appointment time.
- Please be in a private location with a good mobile or wifi connection for your appointment. You must be physically in the state that your appointment was scheduled for at the time of your appointment. You cannot be driving at the time of your visit and will be asked to pull over or reschedule if this is the case.
- If you are using a computer, a chrome browser will work well for your video appointment.
- If you are using a mobile device, you will be prompted to download the Teladoc app. Please do this and access your appointment through the app.
- Once you log into your appointment, you will be in our virtual waiting room. Please ensure your video and microphone are enabled so we can communicate with you.
- Our staff will join the session as soon as they are able. Please allow at least 30 minutes for your appointment to be completed. This time includes intake with our support staff and meeting with a licensed provider.
- If you encounter any technical issues or lose connection during your visit, we may need to send you a new link to your appointment, or we may try to contact you directly. Please note any phone calls from our team will come from a blocked number and we may also send SMS messages using a secure text message platform.
- If you are in WA State and have commercial insurance or Medicaid we can ship birth control pills you are prescribed directly to your home.
Fees and payment instructions for your abortion appointment:
Payment is expected at time of service. Your health insurance may cover part or all of the cost of your visit. You also may be eligible for state health coverage if you do not have insurance – please call us for details.
- We accept Medicaid and Private Insurance, Credit card or Debit card
- Please call (800) 769-0045 for information or help with insurance or payment.
- You may also enroll at https://www.healthcare.gov/
Donations are greatly appreciated to help support the Planned Parenthood mission, if you would like to make a donation, please let our providers know.