- Your household size. For example, family members who are related to you by birth, marriage, or adoption and who live together.
- Your income. For example, paystubs, bank statements, forms related to unemployment compensation, or a written signed statement describing your financial situation and income.
Visit healthcare.gov to determine if you are eligible. Medicaid enrollment is year-round for those who qualify. For patients in Alaska, Hawaii, and Washington, abortion care is a benefit covered under Medicaid. Ask our staff for more information.
National Breast & Cervical Cancer Early Detection Program
This program provides breast and cervical cancer screenings and diagnostic services to people who have low incomes and are uninsured or underinsured. Find a program in your state.
Family Planning Only (WA)
Family Planning Only is a program that provides free birth control to people in Washington state who do not have insurance or whose coverage does not include birth control.
You may qualify if:
· Your income is at or below 260 percent of the Federal Poverty Level and either;
· Uninsured and not eligible for Medicaid (Apple Health), including those who are non-citizens
· Insured and seeking confidential family planning care due to intimate partner violence or under age 18
Confidential Teen Pregnancy Program (WA)
If you are a teen (under age 19) and you want your pregnancy-related services to be kept confidential, you may apply for coverage through a paper application process. You may also call the WithinReach Family Health Hotline at 1-800-322-2588 for help with the confidential application process.
If you don’t have the money to pay for your health care, you can apply for financial assistance at our health centers during your appointment. Unfortunately, our ability to provide financial assistance is limited. We cannot guarantee you will qualify. To help us determine your financial assistance, we'll need information about your household size and your income. Please read our section on Title X for more information.
We're here to help.
Our health center staff can answer your questions during your appointment or call our patient access center at 1-800-769-0045.
Or call 1-800-230-7526