Patient Portal FAQs
Note: We upgraded our patient portal software on November 1, 2021.
These new Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) will help you with the new portal.
What is a patient portal?
- A patient portal is a personalized, secure website that enables you to manage healthcare interactions and communicate with your healthcare providers at Planned Parenthood Mar Monte at any time, 24/7. This convenient online connection puts you in control of your healthcare from any web enabled device.
Why activate your patient portal account?
- A patient portal offers several benefits. You can avoid phone calls to manage appointments, request prescriptions, or directly communicate to your PPMM healthcare team. You can also view your health records, access visit summaries and other documentation. You will be able to manage bills through your portal as well.
What kind of records will I have access to through the patient portal?
- You’ll have access to lab and test results, visit summaries, visit attachments, immunization records, medications, appointment history, medical bills, and any other information your care team has made available for you to view.
What can I do with my health records?
- You can easily review, download, or share your health records with other healthcare providers. How do I enroll in the patient portal? There are several ways to enroll:
- Current patients: If you're currently a PPMM patient and you've given us your email during a visit, then you should receive an email invitation with a link and instructions on how to enroll. You'll be asked to create a username and password. If you haven't received an invitation email, or if have any problems enrolling, please call us at 877-855-7526.
- New patients: Please visit www.ppmarmonte.org/portal and follow the directions for a new patient enrollment. You'll be used to provide a valid email address. Then you'll need wait --possibly a few hours -- for an email with an invitation and link to enroll. You'll be asked to create a username and password. Call us at 877-855-7526 if you have any problems enrolling.
How do I access my portal once I have created my account?
- Once you have enrolled, you can access the patient portal from Planned Parenthood Mar Monte's website. Visit www.ppmarmonte.org/portal to find the login screen.
Can I share access with a trusted representative?
- You can invite trusted representatives to access your patient portal in your “Profile.” If they do not have a PPMM patient portal account, they will be prompted to create one. From there, they can switch back and forth between their own account and any accounts that have been shared with them.
How do I contact my PPMM medical care team through my patient portal?
- You can easily message a member of your medical care team through the “Messages” tab. While in your message inbox, you can send a new message, attach images, view your care team’s replies, and respond to your care team.
How do I complete any necessary forms?
- Log in to your patient portal account and click the “Health Forms” tab to view and complete your forms. You can save time by completing any needed forms before your visit.
What devices are compatible with the new patient portal?
- Your patient portal can be accessed through any web-enabled desktop, laptop, or mobile device using one of the following supported browsers:
- Internet Explorer 11
- Safari (latest 2 versions)
- Firefox (latest 2 versions)
- Chrome (latest 2 versions)
- Mobile Safari (iOS)
- Mobile Chrome (Android)
What do I do if I forgot my username and/or password?
- To reset your username and/or password, click “I forgot my username and/or password” located beneath the portal sign-in button. You will then be prompted to answer your security question and reset your password at that time.
What if I can’t remember the answer to my security question to reset my password?
- If you forgot your username and/or password and don’t know the answer to your security question, please call us at 877-855-7526 for assistance.
What should I do if I didn’t receive an email invitation to create my patient portal?
- If you are a current patient, and you didn't receive an invitation email for the patient portal, please call us at 877-855-7526 for assistance, or ask to be enrolled at your next visit.
Is my patient portal information secure?
- Yes. Our PPMM patient portal is HIPAA-compliant, which means your information is securely stored and encrypted.
Who do I contact if I have questions?
- Please call us at 877-855-7526 if you have questions about the PPMM patient portal.