Ready for low-stress birth control?
An IUD may be just right for you.
Wondering about cost? Learn more below or call us. We'll estimate your cost and help you find financial assistance.
An IUD (or IUC) is an intrauterine contraceptive, a small, T-shaped device that's put into your uterus to prevent pregnancy. We offer Mirena and Paragard brands.
IUDs are highly effective. Fewer than 1 out of 100 women a year become pregnant using an IUD. And, you can have it removed at any time at a health center.
Most of our patients pay little or nothing for IUDs.
- IUDs are usually covered in full by insurance.
- If you're covered by Medi-cal or Family Pact, there is no cost to you for an IUD.
- If you are paying out-of-pocket, the cost varies. It will be a few hundred dollars, depending on the device.
Free or reduced-cost services may be available, depending on where you live and your income level.
Call us. We'll help you find financial assistance and estimate your cost.
Note: IUDs do not protect against sexually transmitted infections. In order to protect yourself against sexually transmitted infections, also use a condom during intercourse.
Mirena is a plastic IUC that releases a small amount of the synthetic hormone progestin to prevent sperm from reaching the cervix.
- Effectiveness at preventing pregnancy: 99.9%
- Lasts for up to 7 years
Paragard is an IUC made of copper
- Contains no hormones
- 98% effective in preventing pregnancy
- Last for up to 12 years
Book an Appointment
Or call 1-800-230-7526