We have many goals for our involvement in reproductive health access around the globe. Here are a few of our priority areas.
Teaching youth about reproductive health through peer engagement.
PPGNHI has extensive experience in designing, supporting, and evaluating high quality youth engagement programs that have been demonstrated to increase:
- Sexual and reproductive health knowledge among participants
- Demand for reproductive health services, including contraception
- HIV testing for at-risk teens
- Life skills and leadership competencies
Since the late 1980s, we have built experience and capacity to support youth engagement in reproductive health through Teen Councils and related approaches in a number of U.S. states and low- and middle-income countries. Our involvement in other countries has included work with schools and--at the request of local stakeholders--design and evaluation of youth engagement efforts focused on pre-teens and young teens.
Planning and supporting high quality reproductive health services in low-resource settings.
Our organization is well known for the high quality of its clinical services, as well as for supporting clinics new to our network by developing strong quality services. Hallmarks of our focus on quality include:
- Commitment to the education and support of all our patients, focusing on their unique cultural, social, financial, and logistic needs
- Supporting staff to work at the highest level of their license and skills by promoting a learning culture in which all staff commit to ongoing training and learning
- Introduction of information systems for storing patient data and tracking processes and approaches
- Constantly innovating to meet new needs. For example: launching a pilot of online health services in 2014
Introducing new technologies to enhance access to reproductive health.
We have a wealth of experience in developing, testing, supplying, and introducing new, innovative health products, including:
- Developing new reproductive health technologies through our extensive clinic network
- Addressing supply challenges for lower-income patients, including supporting the establishment of a pharmaceutical company - Afaxys - which works to provide consistent, affordable supply of oral contraceptives and emergency contraception to clinics around the U.S.
- Assessing issues key to successful introduction of new products, such as HPV testing, STI testing, contraceptive implants and more