Our professional community health educators have been delivering factual and engaging presentations since the 1960s, tailoring content to the needs of each group.
Comprehensive Sexuality Education: Our Approach
Planned Parenthood of the Great Northwest and Hawaiian Islands (PPGNHI) is a leader in providing comprehensive sexuality education in Alaska, Hawaii, Idaho and western Washington. Comprehensive sexuality education is a medically accurate curriculum that provides young people with positive messages about sex and sexuality as natural, normal, healthy parts of life.
Our educators emphasize information about abstinence as the best way to avoid sexually transmitted infections and unintended pregnancy. But also that condoms reduce the risk of infection and that other forms of birth control can prevent unplanned pregnancy. We create educational experiences that help young people develop relationship and communications skills to help them explore their own values, goals, and options as well as the values of their families.
- Contain factual, up-to-date and medically accurate information
- Conform to the local and state policies and laws on sexual health education
- Assist teachers in meeting academic requirements in health education
- Work as stand-alone presentations or as supplements to existing curricula
- Can be adapted to meet the needs of specific groups, grade levels and classrooms
- Are designed with clear learning objectives
- Are always interactive and fun!
Sexuality Education Topics
We offer a variety of education presentations and interactive learning experiences to ensure that young people in our community receive reliable information about sexuality and reproductive health. Often, Teen Council peer educators can also participate in facilitating these relevant and well-received programs.
Presentations can be previewed by teachers or parents, and outlines can be provided for review.
Presentation topics include:
- Sexual Anatomy and Physiology
- Sexual Decision Making
- Dating Relationships
- Pregnancy Options
- Sexually Transmitted Infection Prevention
- Dating Violence
- Pregnancy Prevention
- Teen Pregnancy
- Gender and Orientation