At your appointment you will talk privately with a health care professional to review your health information, discuss your reason for visit and answer your questions. The appointment takes about an hour and may include lab tests.
Please let us know about any health issues you have. If you are sick, please reschedule. Masks may be required. For more information on our infection prevention guidelines, visit our information page here.
To schedule an interpreter for your appointment please call 1-800-769-0045 so we can arrange one for you.
- Our medical staff always meet first with patients privately. Staff will ask personal questions about your health and sexual history so we can provide good care. We may recommend testing for certain sexually transmitted infections so please be prepared to provide us with a urine or blood specimen when you come.
- Please wear comfortable clothing and underwear in case you need to have an examination.
- If you are starting any form of birth control, we may need to run a pregnancy test, please be prepared to provide a urine specimen.
- If you are having an IUD inserted, you may take 800 mg Ibuprofen before coming in. *If you have had unprotected sex in the last 5 days and are interested in using an IUD as Emergency contraception, please call to schedule. We stock Paragard IUD which can be used for 12 years, and Liletta (generic Mirena) IUD which can be used for 8 years. The implant can be used for 5 years.
- If you are scheduling a pregnancy test appointment, and you also want to have an ultrasound at that visit, please call us to schedule both. We want to make sure ultrasound is available on the date and the location you prefer.
- Please bring your photo id, insurance cards if applicable, and payment method if applicable. If you have a separate prescription coverage/pharmacy card, please bring it to your appointment.
- At some health centers, you may encounter protesters and some of our centers may have escorts to assist you to the entry. Please try to not let this upset you.
- Please cancel if you are not going to keep your appointment. This will open the appointment for others who need care.
Fees and payment instructions for your appointment:
- Please call 1-800-769-0045 for information or help with insurance or payment.
Payment is expected at time of service. We accept Medicaid and Private Insurance, Credit card, Debit card, or Cash. The cost depends upon the type of service you request, what type of lab tests you choose and whether a test gets sent to a lab. Your health insurance may cover the cost of your visit. You may enroll for state health coverage at https://www.healthcare.gov/or be eligible for financial assistance if you do not have insurance.
Please enter your insurance information when scheduling your appointment so we can pre-verify your insurance coverage at least 2 business days prior to the appointment.
Donations are greatly appreciated to help support the Planned Parenthood mission.