Important information for your abortion appointment in Alaska, Hawai'i, or Washington
Please let us know about any health issues you have. If you are sick, please reschedule. Masks may be required. For more information on our infection prevention guidelines, visit our information page here.
- At your appointment you will talk privately with a health care professional to review your health information, discuss your options and answer your questions. Let us know about any health issues you have. The appointment may include lab tests and an ultrasound. You can schedule an appointment at any time after you have a positive pregnancy test.
- To prepare for your visit and understand the consent forms you will be required to sign, please view this short informational video prior to your appointment.
- If you need an interpreter for your appointment with us, please call us at the time of scheduling your appointment at 1-800-769-0045 so that we can arrange one for you.
- For in clinic abortion procedures:
- Your appointment will take at least a few hours
- Please eat a meal and wear comfortable clothing and underwear that can support a pad.
- if you want pain/relaxation medications during the procedure you must have a trusted person to escort you home.
- You may take 800mg of Ibuprofen beforehand.
- Diabetics using insulin, please make a morning appointment and bring your insulin log and supplies.
- Please bring your photo id, insurance cards if applicable, and payment method if applicable. If you have a separate prescription coverage/pharmacy card, please bring it to your appointment.
- If you encounter protesters please try to not let this upset you. Ignore them and enter the building quickly. Some of our centers may have escorts to assist you to the entry.
- Please cancel if you are not going to keep your appointment. This will open the appointment for others who need care.
Fees and payment instructions for your abortion appointment:
Payment is expected at time of service. The range is $650-$1225 depending upon pregnancy gestational age, or additional lab tests. Your health insurance may cover part or all of the cost of your abortion. You also may be eligible for state health coverage if you do not have insurance – please call us for details.
- We accept Medicaid and Private Insurance, Credit card, Debit card, or Cash.
- Hawai'i patients with Kaiser Commercial Insurance need blood work and referral sent prior to appointment.
- Please enter your insurance information when scheduling your appointment so we can pre-verify your insurance coverage at least 2 business days prior to the appointment.
- Please call (800) 769-0045 for information or help with insurance or payment.
- You may also enroll at https://www.healthcare.gov/
Donations are greatly appreciated to help support the Planned Parenthood mission.