Teen Council Members...
- Use the most effective methods of contraception compared to peers
- See health providers more often for preventative health care
- Are more comfortable refusing unwanted intimate activities
- Are more likely than their peers to have conversations with their parents about sexuality and birth control
Friends of Teen Council Members...
- Are more likely to use protection because of what they learned from their Teen Council friends
- Are more likely to seek clear consent in sexual situations because of what they learned from their TC friends
- Are more comfortable with discussing sex/sexuality because of their Teen Council friends
Recipients of Teen Council Presentations...
- View Teen Council members as non-judgmental and knowledgeable resources
- Are likely to go to a Teen Council member with questions about sexual health
- Learn where to access sexual health services and resources
- Become trained sex educators
- Learn about sexual health topics, such as reproductive justice, contraception, and consent
- Build presentation and leadership skills
Advocacy & Awareness
- Participate in local and state-wide advocacy work, such as lobbying
- Promote cause campaigns in their schools and communities (domestic violence awareness, Get Yourself Tested, LGBTQ pride)
- Teen Council members are educators and resources in their communities
- Common Presentation topics include: STIs/HIV, Contraception, Consent, Relationships, and Reproductive Anatomy and Physiology
Or call 1-800-230-7526