Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest is committed to teaching the next generation of reproductive and sexual health care providers. Our affiliate works with numerous local institutions to train Ob/Gyn and Family Medicine residents as well as medical students, nurse practitioner students, physician assistant students, and certified nurse midwife students. We train residents and students in nearly all of our health centers and teaching is provided by all levels of licensed staff members.
Want to Shadow?
If you are interested in shadowing a clinician for a single day prior to applying to PA, NP, or CNM programs, please complete the form found here.
Want a Clinical Rotation?
If you are interested in a clinical rotation at Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest, please read below.
Please note the following prior to completing the request:
- Our space for clinical rotations is limited and often requires many months of advance notice given the high volume of requests.
- Requests for more than 16 hours/week or longer than 18 weeks cannot be accommodated.
- Most clinical rotations will be spread out over multiple health centers to ensure a robust learning experience. Self-transportation to various sites is required.
- The majority of teaching is provided by our staff clinicians, who may possess NP, PA, or CNM licenses. We cannot guarantee that you will be trained by a specific type of licensed staff member throughout your rotation. If your program requires you are trained by a specific type of licensed staff, we cannot meet this requirement.
- Our affiliate does not provide obstetric or prenatal care. If this is a required component of your womens health clinical experience, our affiliate does not qualify as an appropriate site.
If this seems appropriate, please complete the form found here.