- If you have any questions or need to reschedule your appointment, please contact our appointments line at 1-800-258-4448, option 2, Monday-Friday from 8:00am-6:00pm and Saturday from 8:00am 4:00pm. To speak with a counselor, please contact our Sexual Health Counseling & Referral Hotline.
- For information about individual health centers, including hours of operation and directions, click here.
- Winter Weather Notice: If you scheduled your appointment online, we will attempt to contact you by email if we need to reschedule your appointment. During inclement weather, please check your email for any updates.
To ensure the best experience possible, we have provided a list of instructions to help you prepare for your visit. Please review the list of appointments below to see if the appointment type you are scheduled for has any special instructions.
Preparing for Your Appointment
Thank you for choosing Planned Parenthood League of Massachusetts as your health care provider. To ensure the best experience possible below is some information to help you prepare for your visit.
Instructions for All Appointments:
- eCheck-in on MyChart prior to your appointment. If you don’t have access to MyChart two days before your appointment, please reach out to us. It's imperitive that you are registered through our online portal before your appointment.
- Please bring your photo ID, insurance card and/or payment. For information about payment options and insurance, click here.
- Please contact us ahead of your appointment with any accommodations you will need for your visit – including requesting an interpreter and for what language.
- We do not provide childcare services. We request that you please make childcare arrangements. Children under 12 years old are not allowed to wait unsupervised in the waiting area.
- We do not allow any weapons, including army knives and pepper spray, on our premises.
- Out of courtesy to other patients, we ask that you please refrain from eating while in our waiting area and health center.
- Please arrive on time to your scheduled appointment. If you need to cancel or reschedule your appointment, please let us know as soon as possible.
- For patients with telehealth appointments, click here for more information about how to prepare for your telehealth appointment.
Another way you can prepare for your visit is to make a list of your questions and concerns. Our staff members are happy to answer all of your sexual health questions, but we can't answer if you don't ask. Writing them down can help you remember everything you wanted to ask while you're at the health center. Please also write down a list of any medications you take and the reason for usage.
Appointments with Additional Special Instructions:
For special instructions for an in-clinic procedural abortion appointment, click here.
For special instructions for an in-clinic medication abortion appointment, click here.
Telehealth for Abortion Pills
For special instructions for a telehealth for abortion pills appointment, click here.
Gender Affirming Hormone Therapy
If you are menstruating at the time of your appointment, you may need to reschedule if you are due for a pap smear. Please do not put anything in your vagina or have sex for 24 hours before your appointment.
Continue your current birth control as usual up until the time of the appointment. Please do not have any unprotected sex (sex without a birth control method) from the time your last period started until you IUD insertion appointment. If you have had sex without birth control since your last period started, we may need to reschedule your appointment.
If you have had unprotected sex and are looking to have the Paragard or Liletta IUD inserted as emergency contraception, please call us.
Please do not have sex without a condom for 5 days before the appointment.
Continue your current birth control as usual up until the time of the appointment. Please do not have any unprotected sex (sex without a birth control method) from the time your last period started until your Implant insertion appointment.
If you are under the age of 18, you will need a parent or legal guardian to come with you to your appointment to provide consent. If you have received previous HPV vaccinations from a provider other than PPLM, please bring your medical records to your appointment.
Urinary Tract Infection
If you are under the age of 18, you will need a parent or legal guardian to come with you to your appointment to provide consent. Please note that PPLM is unable to test and treat for UTIs in men.
Abnormal Pap Follow-up, Colposcopy, or LEEP
If you are menstruating at the time of your appointment, you may need to reschedule. Please do not put anything in your vagina or have sex for 24 hours before your appointment.
PEP (Post exposure HIV prophylaxis)
PEP medications can reduce the risk of contracting HIV if administered within 72 hours of a possible exposure to HIV. Please call us to schedule an appointment right away. If we are not able to see you within 72 hours, we can help refer you to an emergency department that provides PEP.
Notice of Privacy Practices & Non Discrimination
Non Discrimination Policy (English)
Book an Appointment
Or call 1-800-230-7526