We want your telehealth visit to be as similar to an office visit as possible so please try and follow these general recommendations:
- Please find a quiet space for your visit to ensure that conversation is confidential and free from distractions.
- If possible, we advise that you use headphones and connect to WiFi.
Please ensure that you have access to a camera on your computer or mobile device.
If you are a new patient and you are booking online, please provide us with your insurance information (if using insurance) when prompted.
During your telehealth visit, we will be trying to offer the same level of care as we would if you were in our office. Please sign-on 15 minutes prior to your appointment. A Health Care Assistant will call you to help you troubleshoot any technology issues and check you in. Please anticipate dedicating 40 minutes to your tele health visit.
Additionally, be prepared to answer the following questions:
- Do you consent to doing your visit by telehealth?
- Where are you calling in from today and are you are you in a safe place to discuss your health information privately?
- Can you please confirm your name, DOB and your insurance ID number or address?
Please be aware that PPLM will attempt to bill your insurance for your telehealth visit, just as we would if your appointment was in the health center. If you have any concerns about billing or insurance, please let us know and we can connect you with our billing department.