If you have any questions regarding these instructions or your appointment please do not hesitate to contact us at 1-800-258-4448, option 2, Monday-Friday from 8:00am-6:00pm and Saturday from 8:00am-3:00pm.
Preparing for your Appointment
- On the day of your appointment, please plan to be at our facility for approximately 3-4 hours.
- You will receive a call from one of our staff members offering an information session over the phone or video a few days prior to your appointment. Ideally, this information session would take place the day before your in-clinic appointment. During this session, a Health Care Assistant will ask about your medical and social history, go over consent forms, explain the in-clinic abortion process in detail, and answer any questions you may have.
- The video or phone call will last approximately half an hour. You can do it from anywhere as long as you have internet connection or access to a phone and a safe space to talk.
- You may schedule your information session today by calling 800-258-4448. If you are unable to complete your info session beforehand, you may do so in person the day of your appointment. Please plan to spend an extra hour at the health center to complete this part of your visit.
- If you are planning to receive IV Conscious Sedation, please ensure that you have a ride home or if you decide to take public transportation like the T you will also need an escort with you. You can't drive yourself for 24 hours or take public transport alone.
- *DURING COVID: We are currently not accepting any escorts in the waiting room.* You may have one escort accompany you to the health center, but only one, and no children are allowed inside the building. Your escort may wait in the waiting room but they will not be able to accompany you into the medical center
- Please refrain from all alcoholic beverages and any non prescription drugs for 24 hours prior to your appointment.
- Please do not take any over the counter medications such as Tylenol, Advil, or Motrin prior to your appointment unless directed to do so by one of our providers.
- Please take all prescription drugs as prescribed unless one of our providers instructs you not to.
- Please remember to bring your picture identification, your insurance card if you are planning to use insurance or payment in full. Payment is collected in full at the time of the visit. Acceptable forms of payment are cash, American Express, Visa, Master Card, Discover, or money order. We do not take personal checks.
- Given that insurance pre-verification can only be conducted when Planned Parenthood and your insurance provider are open, we ask that individuals who schedule abortions same-day or next day expect a longer than typical wait, or are prepared to potentially pay out-of-pocket for your visit.
- Please dress comfortably, wear flat shoes, socks, and bring an extra pair of underwear and a sweater.
- Please remove all tongue, lip, and genital piercings prior to your appointment time.
- It is very important that you arrive on time. If you arrive past your appointment time, you will need to reschedule your appointment.
- We do not allow any weapons, including army knives and pepper spray, on our premises.