Our mission and philosophy:
- Entering 10th, 11th or 12th grade in September of the school year for which they are applying
- Interested in learning about/teaching others about sexual health topics and social justice issues
- Able to demonstrate respect for diverse opinions, beliefs and values
- Able to balance school, GRTC and any other extra-curricular activities
- Able to commit to a 3-day retreat prior to the start of the school year and weekly meetings starting in September
- Able to attend one evening meeting per week from September 2023 to June 2024
- Able to make at least a one-year commitment to the GRTC
What do GRTC members do?
- These high school youth are trained by expert PPLM staff to facilitate workshops and trainings for their adolescent peers, health care professionals, and parents.
- Offer accurate, unbiased information and resources about sexual health services to their peers, families and communities
- Publicly advocate for sexual health issues
- Train health care professionals to provide culturally competent care to adolescent patients and improve the overall delivery of sexual health to adolescent patients
What are some benefits being on the Council?
As a member, some of the benefits are:
- Members receive a money stipend throughout the year
- Dinner is provided at every meeting
- All accepted members are brought on an all expenses paid weekend retreat to kick off the year
- Free leadership and skills training in sexual and reproductive health, social justice, and presentation skills
- A respected program to add on a college or job resume
- Create a community and make long-lasting friends
For questions about the Get Real Teen Council
Including bringing GRTC to your school, youth program, or health care facility for a workshop or training
Apply to the GRTC!
If you are interested in being a member of the GRTC please apply below!
Or call 1-800-230-7526