Payment is expected at time of service. We accept the following forms of payment:
- Please note that PPLM does not accept checks as payment for abortion services or emergency contraception sold over the counter.
Major Credit/Debit Cards
- If you plan to pay for your visit with a credit card that is not your own, you must bring a letter from the cardholder with you. Please download and complete this form and bring it to your appointment.
The insurance plans on this list include Planned Parenthood League of Massachusetts as an in-network provider.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- BMC HealthNet
- Health New England
- Neighborhood Health Plan
- Tufts Health Public Plans
Coverage for services may vary by plan, so please contact your insurance provider for specific coverage information. While PPLM pre-verifies benefits for some appointments, the ultimate responsibility for payment relies on you. You should contact your health insurance company directly to confirm that the services you are interested in are covered, and what, if any, out-of-pocket costs you are required to pay.
Please be sure to bring your insurance card to your visit.
Planning to use insurance and worried about confidentiality?
If you have a Massachusetts-based insurance plan that you are not the subscriber on, Massachusetts law allows you to keep your services confidential while using your insurance.
Here’s what you need to know:
· At least three days before your appointment, you must call your insurance company and state: “I am calling to request that my summary of payment be suppressed from being sent to the subscriber of my plan.”
· You only need to explain that you are “seeking sensitive services” when making this request. You are not required to provide any further explanation.
· Ask your insurance company if the request needs to be submitted in writing. If it does, click here to use this letter template.
Note: This information is specific to Massachusetts-based insurance plans. If your insurance company is not based in Massachusetts, call your insurance directly to ask if they can keep your services confidential.
Don’t have insurance?
With or without insurance, you can always come to us for your health care.
If you do not have health insurance, visit Planned Parenthood Health Insurance Facts to find out how to get more affordable coverage and what to consider when choosing a plan. ConnectorCare and MassHealth are free or low-cost health insurance plans available to Massachusetts residents. To enroll, contact at 1-800-623-6765.
If you are uninsured, you may qualify for a state-funded program or a lower fee scale for family planning services. Fees for services are based on your household income. Please bring the following documents to your appointment:
- pay stub
- photo ID