This is one of the opportunities to volunteer on your own time with PPMM from our Take Action Volunteer Toolkit. Check out additional opportunities on our volunteer page.
Don't see an opportunity to volunteer with PPMM? Volunteer with one of our coalition partners!
When you do, let us know what organizations you volunteered with using this form. That will let us know if these resources are useful to you and if we're effectively uplifting our partners.
- East Oakland Collective - Advocacy and support for unhoused and racial justice. Volunteer: "Feed The Hood" (distribute food & supplies to unhoused community in East Oakland)
- Young Women's Freedom Center - Racial justice and criminal justice reform. Volunteer: Advocacy-oriented opportunities. Email [email protected] to volunteer.
- Monterey County Rape Crisis Center - Advocacy, support and healing for all victims and survivors of sexual assault, human trafficking and child abuse. Volunteer: Become an advocate.
- The Epicenter - Community service hub for system-involved youth ages 16-24. Volunteer: Tutoring, mentoring, center maintenance, center support, community service, service learning, capstone project, internships, and special events.
- Domestic Violence Resource Center - Provides free services for people experiencing family violence. Volunteer: Crisis line, working with families, and more.
- Progressive Leadership Alliance of Nevada - Civic engagement, economic justice, environmental justice, immigration, Indigenous rights, mass liberation. Volunteer: Advocacy, community discussions, signing petitions, testifying, storytelling, event attendence, and more.
- Reno Initiative for Shelter & Equity / Our Place - Provides unhoused people housing. Volunteer: Email [email protected] to volunteer at the housing complex
- Wild West Access Fund of Nevada - A resource for Nevadans in need of abortion care. Volunteer: Help with intake, caller transportaion, community outreach, social media, marketing/graphic design, fundraising, aftercare kit drop offs.
- Women and Children's Center of the Sierra - Help women build a ladder out of poverty. Volunteer: Children's activities, office work, translator work, food program support, inventory organizing, event planning.
- Stand Up Placer - Advocacy and support for sexual assault, intimate partner violence, and human trafficking survivors. Volunteer: Direct and indirect service opportunities. Email [email protected].
- Showing up for Racial Justice (SURJ) - Racial justice, indigenous justice, and immigrant justice. Volunteer.
San Joaquin Valley
- ACT for Women and Girls - A reproductive justice organization building power through leadership development, community organizing, advocacy, and policy change in our communities. Volunteer.
- Center on Race, Poverty, and the Environment - Enivornmental and economic justice. Support.
- Dolores Huerta Foundation - Education, health and safety, LGBTQIA+, equality, and civic engagement. Volunteer.
- The Source LGBT+ Center - Provides spaces within our communities for the LGBTQ+ population to learn, grow, belong, transform, question and support. Volunteer.
San Mateo County
- Outlet - Adolescent conseling services for LGBTQ+ youth ages 10-25. Volunteer: Become a co-facilitator.
Santa Clara County
- Sacred Heart Community Services - Affordable housing, immigrant rights, racial justice, and housing justice. Volunteer: Join an organizing committee to improve material conditions on deeply felt issues including, housing, immigrant, and racial justice.
- Somos Mayfair - Immigrant rights, community organizing, housing rights, leadership development. Volunteer: Support community-led grassroots campaigns on issues, including immigrant rights, school board term limits, housing rights, and leadership development. Follow on Instagram @somosmayfair to learn about upcoming community meetings.