B. Definition of Terms
For the purposes of enhancing clarity and understanding, certain terms used in this policy have the following corresponding definitions:
- Products: Refers only to donor-related products and information.
- Required Notices: Refers to donor communications only, such as gift acknowledgement letters for tax purposes.
- Services/Online Services: Pertains only to donor-related services.
C. How We Use Your Information
We may use the information we collect from or about you for a number of purposes including, but not limited to:
- Providing you with Products, Services, or information you request;
- Processing any transactions you have authorized;
- Following up on Services or information we provided to you;
- Contacting you about fundraising campaigns or advocacy efforts;
- Delivering advertisements targeted to your interests;
- Conducting research;
- Promoting PPMM’s donor Services, such as events;
- Providing you with information about the Online Services or Required Notices;
- Allowing us to improve the Online Services and the Services we provide;
- Generating and analyzing statistics about your use of the Online Services; and
We also may combine or aggregate any of the information we collect for any of these purposes, including for the delivery of Targeted Advertisements, in order to support and/or improve our donor and fundraising operational practices and Services.
D. To Whom We Disclose Your Information
We may disclose the information we collect from or about you to:
- Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA): As part of the affiliate agreement with PPFA, PPMM is required to share data with PPFA that has been collected online via EveryAction;
- Contracted service providers who work on our behalf and who have agreed to keep the information confidential and use the information solely to carry out the services that they are performing for us, including, but not limited to, service providers who process credit card transactions, facilitate our fundraising activities and campaigns, and deliver Targeted Advertisements on our behalf;
- Other organizations that work with us for the provision of co-branded communications;
- Other organizations with whom PPMM participates in exchanges of supporter or donor information (for example, donor list rental or list exchange agreements) and the service providers that facilitate such exchanges;
NOTE: Participating organizations with whom we exchange and/or rent information will be like-minded organizations, and exchange or rental agreements shall have an agreed upon time period limitation.
5. As required by law.
In addition, we may share aggregated de-identified information, such as reports on supporter demographics, with third parties, including researchers.
E. How We Collect Information From or About You
We, and the service providers who work on our behalf, collect information that you provide when you give to PPMM or use PPMM’s Online Services, including, but not limited to, when you:
- Create an account;
- Make a donation;
- Contribute content to the Online Services;
- Use interactive features on the Online Services (for example, tools, apps, or the chat feature);
- Make a purchase;
- Sign an online petition;
- Sign up to receive updates and other communications from PPMM;
- Enter a contest, sweepstakes, or promotion;
- Participate in polls or surveys; or
- Otherwise contact us with a question, comment, or request.
The information that you provide us can include, but is not limited to:
- Your name;
- Your photograph;
- Your contact information;
- Your account information;
- Demographic information, such as your age, gender, and ethnicity;
- Transaction-related information, such as credit card information; and
- Information you provide when you request information or contact us.
We and our service providers may automatically collect certain technical information from your computer or mobile device over time and across different websites when you use the Online Services using cookies or similar technologies, such as your Internet Protocol address, your browser type, your operating system, the pages you view on the Online Services, etc. This information allows us and our service providers to recognize you and personalize your experience if you return to the Online Services, to improve the Online Services and the Services we provide, and to provide you with advertisements targeted to your interests.
F. Your Choices
If you do not want your name or other information about you included in list exchange or rental programs, you may opt out at any time by contacting us. Our contact information is listed below.
If you wish to review or correct the information we have on file for you or inform us how you wish your information to be used or disclosed, please contact our staff using the contact information below.
H. How to Contact Us
Planned Parenthood Mar Monte
Attention: Development Department
1691 The Alameda
San Jose, CA 95126
Revised February, 2022