About Contraceptive Implants
- The Nexplanon implant is a thin, matchstick-sized plastic rod that's placed discreetly under the skin on the inside of your upper arm.
- Contains etonogestrel, a progestin hormone used in some birth control methods
- Lasts up to 4 years.
Contraceptive implants are highly effective. Fewer than 1 out of 100 women a year become pregnant using these methods.
And, you can have them removed at any time, at a health center, if you're ready to get pregnant.
Most of our patients pay little or nothing for contraceptive implants.
- Implants are usually covered in full by insurance.
- If you're covered by Medi-cal or Family Pact, there is no cost to you for an implant.
- If you are paying out-of-pocket, the cost varies. It will be a few hundred dollars.
Free or reduced-cost services may be available, depending on where you live and your income level.
Call 877-855-7526 today. We'll help you find financial assistance and estimate your cost.
Or call 1-800-230-7526