Gender Affirming Hormone Care
Planned Parenthood of Central and Western New York is proud to provide gender affirming hormone care (GAHC) to transgender, nonbinary and gender-expansive folx.
Gender affirming hormone care is now available at all of our locations, as well as virtually.
Gender affirming care goes far beyond just hormone therapy. We are committed to providing high quality, reproductive and sexual health care — including abortion — to people of all genders, and to ensuring our patients are treated with compassion and respect.
Gender Affirming Hormone Care Services We Offer
PPCWNY offers hormone therapy for transmasculine, transfeminine, nonbinary and gender expansive people 18 years old and over.
We use an informed consent model of care. This means that clinicians discuss the risks and benefits of hormone therapy with patients, and clinicians work with patients to develop a treatment plan that is best tailored to meet the patients’ needs. Patients do not need a mental health referral to receive hormone care at PPCWNY.
Depending on individual patient needs and unique health considerations, we can provide the following hormone care:
- Estrogen-based hormone therapy
- Testosterone-blocking medications — spironolactone, finasteride
- Estradiol medications — injections, patches, pills (swallowed or dissolved under the tongue)
- Progestin medications
- Testosterone-based hormone therapy
- Testosterone medications: — injections, gels
- Scalp hair loss management — finasteride
- “Microdosing” or intermediate dose hormones
EXPLORE GENDER AFFIRMING HORMONE CARE AT PPCWNY
Will I interact with staff that look like me/share my identities?
- We unfortunately cannot promise that the staff members that you interact with will share your identities. We also recognize that many identities are less visible than others but are just as important for fostering a welcoming and safe space. With that said, PPCWNY does have staff with a range of identities and lived experience that interact with patients or lead our patient care teams.
Do PPCWNY staff receive training on diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI)?
- Yes! PPCWNY takes its commitment to creating inclusive and equitable spaces for staff and patients seriously. With that in mind, all new staff participate in training focused on topics including implicit bias and microaggressions. PPCWNY also maintains identity spaces for staff to continue their growth and learning on equity and inclusion focused topics.
Care. No matter what. 1-866-600-6886
We are honored to provide these essential services to transgender, nonbinary and gender-expansive individuals across Central and Western New York. Thank you for trusting us with your care.
In This Together
Planned Parenthood of Central and Western New York would like to thank Planned Parenthood of Michigan (PPMI) and the efforts of the PPMI GAC Community Advisory Board in the creation of this content.
Book an Appointment
Or call 1-866-600-6886