Servicios de aborto in Virginia Beach, VA
- in-clinic abortion
- sedation options (medication to make the abortion more comfortable)
- pre- and post-abortion patient education
- post-abortion follow-up exams
- referrals for other abortion services, as needed
Here's what you need to know about abortion services at this health center:
In-clinic abortion is offered up to 15 weeks and 6 days after the start of your last menstrual period.
In-clinic abortions are available by appointment only.
Plan to be at the health center for 1-2 hours for your entire visit for an in-clinic abortion.
If you plan to have sedation, please do not eat for 6 hours or drink clear liquids for 6 hours before your appointment.
If you have asthma, bring an inhaler if you have one.
Other Abortion Services Information
Please do not bring children with you to the health center.
If you take any medications, please continue to take these medications normally before your appointment.
During your visit, you may be given the following:
- a pregnancy test
- a chance to speak with a trained staff person about all of your choices: abortion, adoption, and parenting
- a conversation with the health care provider about your health history
- lab tests/blood work
- a pelvic exam
- an ultrasound
- medications to make the abortion more comfortable
- medication if you are Rh negative
- antibiotics or other medications
- birth control information
- a birth control method
You should return in 0 weeks and 0 days for a follow-up exam. We can schedule this with you during your visit.
Abortion services may be covered by your insurance. Please let us know that you would like to use your insurance when you schedule your appointment. If you are uninsured, you may be eligible to receive financial assistance for your procedure. You can confidentially find out if you qualify by calling us at 804.355.4358.
For Patients Under 18
If you are a minor considering an abortion, please read about parental consent and notification laws that might apply in your state.
Prices and Payment Information
Price ranges for our abortion services are:
- in-clinic abortion
- under 12 weeks weeks - $355
- between 12 and 14 weeks weeks - $455
- between 14 and 20 weeks weeks - $730 - $1470
- sedation - IV medication - moderate sedation $65
Some services may have additional charges for lab and blood work
If you are uninsured, you may be eligible to receive financial assistance for your procedure. You can confidentially find out if you qualify by calling us at 757.499.7526.
If you are eligible for financial assistance, you may be asked to bring documentation with you to the health center.