Abortion Pill (Medication Abortion)
Abortion pill (medication abortion) is offered up to 10 weeks and 0 days after the start of your last menstrual period. If your last period was more than 10 weeks ago, read about our in-clinic abortion services below.
Abortion pill (medication abortion) services are available by appointment only.
You will need to follow up within 1-2 weeks to make sure your abortion is complete and that you are well. In the unlikely event that you are still pregnant, you may need another dose of medication or to have an in-clinic abortion to end the pregnancy.
After your abortion pill visit, you will need access to a telephone, transportation, and backup medical care available to you once you are home.
Miscarriage management and Fetal anomaly
PPMHV offers abortion services to patients whose pregnancies have documented lethal anomalies. Please call 845-562-7800 for more information.
If you know you have had a miscarriage or find out at your ultrasound, we can discuss with you your options and provide you with treatment if you desire.
- When you schedule your appointment by phone or when we see you in the clinic someone will help you apply for financial assistance.
- Think about how much you make per month, how much your family, partner, or others who contribute to you financially make, and what kinds of assistance you receive (child support, unemployment, etc.)
- Check with your insurance company to see whether or not they cover ELECTIVE abortion.
- The Lilith Fund can offer additional assistance beyond what our clinic provide. Visit their website for more information.
Parental Notice or Consent Requirements in Texas for Minors
Abortion providers in Texas are required to notify a parent, legal guardian or custodian of a minor's decision to have an abortion. The notice must be provided 48 hours before the procedure.
At Planned Parenthood, we encourage all minors to tell a parent, guardian or custodian of their decision to terminate a pregnancy. However, if a minor feels unable to discuss her decision with a parent, guardian or custodian, there are other options available to her. You may be able to have an abortion without notifying your parents. Contact Jane's Due Process for more information.
STD testing: We offer free screening for gonorrhea and chlamydia to all patients. Unfortunately, if you are a victim of sexual assault, you may have an increase of contracting a sexually transmitted infection.
Evidence collection: PPCfC can help you work with law enforcement by collecting evidence of sexual assault.
Intimate Partner Violence (IPV) Resources:
- See more at: https://www.plannedparenthood.org/planned-parenthood-center-for-choice/our-service#sthash.XbUBdzYQ.dpuf