Yes. If you do not have health insurance, you can still come to PPGNY. We will help you enroll in public or private insurance, or help you access financial support for the services we offer. We can help you find out if you can get Medicaid, Child Health Plus, the Medicaid Family Planning Benefit Program, or an Essential Health Plan or Qualified Heath Plan. As Certified Application Counselors, we can help you apply for most of these programs through "New York State of Health," which is the Official Health Plan Marketplace where people can enroll in both Medicaid and the private insurance plans that are available through the Affordable Care Act ("Obamacare"). To learn more about the Marketplace, go to nystateofhealth.ny.gov or call toll-free 1-855-355-5777.
If you are not able to obtain any public or private health insurance, our centers may still be able to offer you a lower fee, depending on your income and the services that you need.
Even if you cannot bring the documents below, come to your appointment anyway. Planned Parenthood of Greater New York will take care of you no matter what!
- Social Security Number: Bring your Social Security card or your number if you have one
- Photo ID (bring one): Driver's license, passport, school ID, or other official photo ID
- Proof of age if not on ID (bring one): Birth certificate, adoption or foster care records, official hospital or school records (You don’t have to bring this if you are born in the U.S. and bring your Social Security Number)
- Proof of citizenship or immigration status (bring one): Birth certificate, passport, naturalization certificate, INS form -- "Green" card (You don’t have to bring this if you are born in the U.S. and bring your Social Security Number)
- Proof of residency (dated within the LAST 6 MONTHS -- bring one): Photo ID with address; Postmarked envelope, bill, magazine, etc.; Utility bill; Letter or lease agreement
- Proof of recent, monthly income (bring all that provide income for you): Four recent, consecutive pay stubs; Unemployment or Social Security award letter or check stub; Worker’s compensation award letter or check stub; Alimony letter or check stub; Letter from employer; Letter of support from family member (if you can get a letter); If you are self-employed or freelancing, most recent signed and dated tax return if it shows your current income
The Medicaid Family Planning Benefit Program is a confidential New York State health insurance program that provides family planning and GYN benefits to men and women of childbearing age. If you qualify, you will not have to pay when you visit PPGNY and other providers. You will not have to pay here or at the pharmacy for your birth control. Learn more about the Medicaid Family Planning Benefit Program.
Yes. If we find out that you may not be able to get Medicaid, Child Health Plus, the Medicaid Family Planning Benefit Program, or an Essential Health Plan or Qualified Health Plan, PPGNY may be able to offer you a lower fee for your visit, depending on your income. We will find a way to take care of your needs, no matter what.