Vasectomy — also called male sterilization — is a surgical procedure. It is meant to protect against pregnancy permanently, so it’s very effective.
Where can I get a vasectomy in Westchester or Suffolk counties?
We offer vasectomy care in our White Plains and Smithtown health centers. We provide care to everyone, regardless of where they live. Please call us today at 800-230-PLAN (7526) to schedule your vasectomy in White Plains or Smithtown.
What is a vasectomy?
A vasectomy is a simple surgery done by a doctor in our health center. The small tubes in your scrotum that carry sperm are cut or blocked off, so sperm can’t leave your body and cause pregnancy. The procedure is very quick, and you can go home the same day. It’s extremely effective at preventing pregnancy — almost 100%.
PPHP offers the no scalpel vasectomy which lowers the risk of infection and other complications, and generally take less time to heal.
Where can I get more information about vasectomies?
You can visit our Vasectomy page for information about what is involved in getting a vasectomy.
A few things to remember:
- Vasectomies are extremely safe and very few people have complications. However, like all medical procedures there are some possible risks.
- Getting a vasectomy will not protest you from sexually transmitted infections (STI). You should use condoms to reduce your chances of getting or spreading STIs.
- You should only get a vasectomy if you are sure you do not want to be able to have children for the rest of your life. Vasectomies are meant to be permanent - they usually can't be reversed.
- Most insurance plans cover vasectomies. If you don't have insurance, we can help determine your costs. No one will be turned away because of their inability to pay for services.
- Vasectomies have three visits: an initial consult, the procedure, and a follow-up visit.
What if I have more questions?
We are happy to answer any questions you have about our vasectomy care. You can speak to our doctor at PPHP by calling 800-230-PLAN (7526) or visit plannedparenthood.org for more information.