- Acknowledging the impact of our organization’s legacy within communities of color
- Identifying measurable action steps that arise from the community discussions
- Implementing and reporting on actions steps taken to be accountable to communities of color in our health services, programs and organizational practices
- Committing to continued restorative practice and transformation in the communities of color we serve
Reviving Radical Commissioners were selected for their:
● Understanding of sexual and reproductive health history and oppression and Margaret Sanger’s legacy impact on communities of color;
● Commitment to reproductive justice, reproductive rights, racial justice, gender justice, LGBTQ and human rights;
● Ability to work in multi-cultural and diverse community to support reconciliation and healing;
● Organizing, scholarship or work experience that reflects a commitment to sexual and reproductive justice for communities of color.
Reviving Radical commissioners serve as an accountability body ensuring organizational follow-through and implementation of the Reviving Radical Community Mandates. The eight commissioners are:
- Dr. Lynn Roberts
Nia Eshu Martin-Robinson
Dr. Aletha Maybank, MD, MPH
We’re excited to share our enhanced Sexual and Reproductive Justice Timeline video with you!
1. What new information did you learn from viewing the timeline?
2. What connections can you make between moments in the past and more current events described on the timeline?
3. What additional moments in history do you think should be added to timeline?
4. Where in today’s society do you see similarities between moments shared on the timeline?
Or call 1-800-230-7526