Abortion in Bedford Heights, OH
Bedford Heights Surgery Center offers the following abortion services:
- abortion pill (medication abortion)
- in-clinic abortion
- pre- and post-abortion patient education
- post-abortion follow-up exams
- referrals for other abortion services, as needed
- sedation options (medication to make the abortion more comfortable)
Here's what you need to know about abortion services at this health center:
Abortion Pill (Medication Abortion)
Abortion pill (medication abortion) is offered up to 10 weeks and 0 days after the start of your last menstrual period.
If your last period was more than 10 weeks and 0 days ago, read about our in-clinic abortion services below.
Abortion pill (medication abortion) services are available by appointment only.
Plan to be at the health center for 3-4 hour(s) for your entire abortion pill visit (medication abortion).
You will need to follow up within 1-2 weeks to make sure your abortion is complete and that you are well. In the unlikely event that you are still pregnant, you may need another dose of medication or to have an in-clinic abortion to end the pregnancy.
After your abortion pill visit, you will need access to a telephone, transportation, and backup medical care available to you once you are home.
In-clinic abortion is offered up to 19 weeks and 6 days after the start of your last menstrual period. If your last period was after 19 weeks and 6 days, we can still help. Call us for a referral list of health care providers in your area that offer other abortion services.
In-clinic abortions are available by appointment only.
Plan to be at the health center for 4-5 hour(s) for your entire visit for an in-clinic abortion.
If you desire medication to help make your in-clinic abortion more comfortable, you must have a responsible companion with you to help you get home safely.
If you plan to have sedation, please do not eat for 6 hours or drink clear liquids for 2 hours before your appointment.
If you have asthma, bring an inhaler if you have one.
Other Abortion Services Information
If you take any medications, please continue to take these medications normally before your appointment.
Please do not bring children with you to the health center.
During your visit, you may be given the following:
- pregnancy test
- a chance to speak with a trained staff person about all of your choices: abortion, adoption, and parenting
- a conversation with the health care provider about your health history
- lab tests/blood work
- a pelvic exam
- an ultrasound
- medications to make the abortion more comfortable
- medication if you are Rh negative
- antibiotics or other medications
- birth control information
- a birth control method
At times there may be protesters outside of the health center. We suggest you avoid interaction with them. This health center offers escorts to walk you inside to your appointment.
Laws and Regulations
Under Ohio law, a person should plan to have two appointments at the health center for their abortion service, spaced at least 24 hours apart.
In the first meeting, the patient must be informed about the purpose and risks of the abortion procedure, which includes providing state-published literature describing abortions, listing agencies that provide alternatives to abortion, and providing an estimate of the probable age of the fetus at the time of abortion.
A pregnant person does not have to inform their partner of their decision to have an abortion, if they do not want to do so.
No one, not even a court or parents, can force a person to have an abortion. Pregnant teens also have the option of getting an abortion to end their pregnancy. This is a difficult decision to make, so it is important to talk immediately with an adult, such as a parent, a doctor, or nurse. Waiting to make a decision can have negative consequences, such as greater health risks and increased cost as the pregnancy continues.
Ohio law requires that one parent, custodian or guardian of a person 17 or younger must consent to a minor's abortion.
If a parent will not consent to an abortion, the minor can seek a judicial bypass. A minor must go to juvenile court and convince a judge that they are mature enough or that there is another compelling reason to make their own decision without involving a parent.
The minor should plan to have two appointments at the health center, spaced at least 24 hours apart.
No one, not even a court or parents, can force a person to have an abortion.
If you are a minor considering an abortion, please read about parental consent and notification laws that might apply in your state.
Prices and Payment Information
Price ranges for our abortion services are:
- abortion pill (medication abortion) - $650
- up to 12.6 weeks gestation - $650 (moderate sedation included)
- 13 - 14.6 - $800 - $950 (moderate sedation included)
- 15 -16.6 - $1,00 - $1,175 (moderate sedation included)
- 17 - 18.6 - $1,200 - $1,250 (moderate sedation included)
- 19 -19.6 - $1,400 (moderate sedation included)
- ultrasound only - $200
- Abortion services may be covered by your insurance. If you want to use your insurance, please contact us prior to your appointment to verify your coverage and the amount you may need to pay. Please be sure to bring your insurance information at the time of your visit
Payment is expected at time of service unless other arrangements have previously been made.
Abortion services may be covered by your insurance. If you want to use your insurance, please be sure to bring in your insurance information at the time of your visit.