STD Testing, Treatment & Vaccines in Waterbury, CT
Waterbury Center offers the following services related to the testing and treatment of sexually transmitted diseases (STDs):
- STD testing, diagnosis and treatment, including:
- bacterial vaginosis (BV)
- genital warts
- HIV (testing and diagnosis only)
- trichomoniasis (trich)
- Other STD testing, diagnosis and treatment services are also available. Please ask our staff for more information.
- STD prevention, including:
- HPV vaccine (Gardasil)
- hepatitis B vaccine
- STD/safer sex education
STD screening (no symptoms) for women and men is available on a walk-in basis during business hours.
Here’s what you need to know about STD testing & treatment at this health center:
We can test for gonorrhea and chlamydia using a urine sample. If this test shows an infection, then we will provide you with treatment and explain how your partner(s) can be treated.
For testing involving urine samples, including chlamydia and gonorrhea, do not urinate or engage in sexual intercourse for one hour before testing.
Rapid HIV testing can be done with a blood sample taken from a finger stick. The results are available in 10-40 minutes.
Counseling and anonymous (without your name) or confidential (private) testing for HIV are provided by trained staff who are sensitive to your needs and concerns.
Counseling and confidential (private) testing for STDs are provided by trained staff who are sensitive to your needs and concerns.
Some STD tests may require a genital exam.
Children and adolescents younger than age 19 may qualify for the Vaccine for Children (VFC) program, which provides free vaccines. Other fees may apply.
Individuals ages 19 - 26 who have no health insurance and meet financial criteria may qualify for the Merck Vaccine Patient Assistance Program to receive the HPV vaccine (Gardasil) at no charge. Other fees may apply.
Some vaccines are given in a series over the course of several months, which would require you to return to the health center to get the full benefit.
Prices and Payment Information
Price ranges for our STD testing and treatment services and safer sex products are:
- bacterial vaginosis testing and treatment - $49-$107
- chlamydia testing and treatment - $41-$102 (Chlamydia and Gonorrhea)
- gonorrhea testing and treatment - $41-$102 (Chlamydia and Gonorrhea)
- herpes testing - $44-$112 (with outbreak); $109-$195 (no outbreak)
- herpes treatment - $18
- HIV Testing
- HPV vaccine (Gardasil) for an individual injection - $261
- HPV vaccine (Gardasil) for all three injections - $783
- hepatitis B vaccine for an individual injection - $74-$79
- syphilis - $50-$96
- trichomoniasis (trich) - $37-$95
- comprehensive STD testing, including - $72-$164
Payment is expected at time of service unless other arrangements have been previously made.
Some STD testing and treatment services may be covered by your insurance. If you want to use your insurance, please be sure to bring in your insurance information at the time of your visit.