Morning-After Pill (Emergency Contraception) in South San Francisco, CA
South San Francisco Health Center offers the following emergency contraception (morning-after pill) and related services:
- emergency contraception education
- emergency contraception pills
- pregnancy testing
- rape crisis counseling referrals
Here’s what you need to know about getting emergency contraception (morning after pill) at this health center:
Emergency contraception is now available without age restrictions. If you can’t make it in to a Planned Parenthood health center, you may be able to get emergency contraception at a nearby pharmacy.
- Women under age 17 anybody can get prescription emergency contraception following a visit with a Planned Parenthood health care provider.
- Women under age 17 can obtain emergency contraception (morning after pill) directly from a pharmacist through an agreement with physicians in the area. If you can’t make it in to a Planned Parenthood health center, you may be able to get emergency contraception directly from a pharmacist at a nearby pharmacy.
- The copper IUD may also be used to prevent pregnancy after unprotected intercourse. Ask your health care provider for more information.
Payment is expected at time of service unless other arrangements have previously been made.
Services for emergency contraception (morning after pill) may be covered by your insurance. If you want to use your insurance, please be sure to bring in your insurance information at the time of your visit.
If you are uninsured, you may be eligible to receive financial assistance for your procedure. You can confidentially find out if you qualify by calling us at 877-855-7526.
If you are eligible for financial assistance you may be asked to bring documentation with you to the health center.