Abortion Services in Sacramento, CA
B Street Health Center offers the following abortion services:
- abortion pill (medication abortion)
- in-clinic abortion
- pre- and post-abortion patient education
- post-abortion follow-up exams
- referrals for other abortion services, as needed
- sedation options (medication to make the abortion more comfortable)
- miscarriage services
Here's what you need to know about abortion services at this health center:
Abortion Pill (Medication Abortion)
Plan to be at the health center for 1-2 hour(s) for your entire abortion pill visit (medication abortion).
You will need to follow up within 1-2 weeks to make sure your abortion is complete and that you are well. In the unlikely event that you are still pregnant, you may need another dose of medication or to have an in-clinic abortion to end the pregnancy.
After your abortion pill visit, you will need access to a telephone, transportation, and backup medical care available to you once you are home.
Plan to be at the health center for 3-4 hour(s) for your entire visit for an in-clinic abortion.
If you desire medication to help make your in-clinic abortion more comfortable, you must have a responsible companion with you to help you get home safely.
If you are more than 14 weeks pregnant, your in-clinic abortion may require multiple visits.
If you have asthma, bring an inhaler if you have one.
Other Abortion Services Information
If you take any medications, please continue to take these medications normally before your appointment.
Please do not bring children with you to the health center.
During your visit, you may be given the following:
- pregnancy test
- a chance to speak with a trained staff person about all of your choices: abortion, adoption, and parenting
- a conversation with the health care provider about your health history
- lab tests/blood work
- a pelvic exam
- an ultrasound
- medications to make the abortion more comfortable
- medication if you are Rh negative
- antibiotics or other medications
- birth control information
- a birth control method
At times there may be protesters outside of the health center. We suggest you avoid interaction with them.
Eat or drink only light foods or liquids (juice, toast, crackers) before your abortion appointment.
You will need to come for a follow-up visit within a week using the abortion pill to be sure the abortion is complete.
Laws and Regulations
To learn more about teen privacy rights and access to reproductive health services click here
If you are a minor considering an abortion, please read about parental consent and notification laws that might apply in your state.
Prices and Payment Information
Please contact this health center for abortion services pricing information.
Prices and Payment Information
Price ranges for our abortion services are:
- abortion pill (medication abortion) - $525-$775
- <12 - $425-990
- 12-14 - $625-$1140
- 14-16 - $775-$1290
- 17-17.6 - $925-$1440
- sedation — IV medication - Included
- sedation — oral medication - Included
- ultrasound only - $65-$105
- medication if patient is Rh negative - $75-$125
- post-abortion follow-up exam - Included
Payment is expected at time of service unless other arrangements have previously been made.
Abortion services may be covered by your insurance. If you want to use your insurance, please be sure to bring in your insurance information at the time of your visit.