"Let us pick up our books and our pens, they are the most powerful weapons."
- Malala Yousafzai
As an organization focusing on reproductive health - through healthcare, sexuality education, and advocacy - we felt it was important to develop additional ways to engage our community of supporters in conversation. We hope this forum will provide each of you with an opportunity to stay engaged with PPTNM and feminism in an atmosphere where feminists of all types can learn, share, and grow together.
You can also request to join our group on Facebook to see these events, book giveaways, reading suggestions, and other Feminist Book Club conversations.
Meeting August 26, 2018 at Railgarten at 2:00pm CST to discuss "The Hate U Give" by Angie Thomas
Meeting September 23, 2018 at Slider Inn at 3:00pm CST to discuss "Eloquent Rage: A Black Feminist Discovers Her Superpower" by Dr. Brittney Cooper. Please note - Dr. Brittney Cooper will be speaking at the 2018 James Awards on September 13. Tickets can be purchased and more information found here.
- July 21, 2018 - "The Power" by Naomi Alderman
- June 16, 2018 - "Tangleweed and Brine" by Deirdre Sullivan
- May 25, 2018 - "Make Trouble" by Cecile Richards
- April 29, 2018 - " Not My White Savior: A Memoir in Poems" by Julayne Lee
- March 24, 2018 - "Chocolate Cities: The Black Map of American Life" by Marcus Anthony Hunter and Zandria F. Robinsono
- February 25, 2018 - "The Misadventures of Awkward Black Girl" by Issa Rae
- January 28, 2018 - "The Female of the Species" by Mindy McGinnis
- December 16, 2017 - ""Lady Killers: Deadly Women Throughout History" by Tori Telfer
- November 18, 2017 - "We Were Feminists Once" by Andi Zeisler
- October 8, 2017 - "Life's Work: A Moral Argument for Choice" by Willie Parker
- August 27, 2017 - "This Is How It Always Is" by Laurie Frankel
- July 23, 2017 - "Who Thought This Was a Good Idea? And Other Questions You Should Have Answers to When You Work in the White House" by Alyssa Mastromonaco
- June 17, 2017 - Wonder Woman film and "The Secret History of Wonder Woman" by Jill Lepore
- June 4, 2017 - "Difficult Women" by Roxane Gay
- April 30, 2017 - "The Handmaid's Tale" by Margaret Atwood
- March 26, 2017 - "Juliet Takes a Breath" by Gabby Rivera
- February 26, 2017 - "Break in Case of Emergency" by Jessica Winter
- January 7, 2017 - "Hidden Figures" Margot Lee Shetterly
- December 3, 2016 - "The Mothers" by Brit Bennett
- October 30, 2016 - "Americanah" by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
- September 22, 2016 - "My Life on the Road" by Gloria Steinem
- August 6, 2016 - "Only Ever Yours" by Louise O'Neill
If you purchase your book online, be sure to use AmazonSmile in order to benefit Planned Parenthood of Tennessee and North Mississippi with each purchase!