There are tons of meaningful, effective ways to get involved in the fight for reproductive rights. Find an action that speaks to you below, then contact us to help get you started!
You can use your social media platforms for actions such as:
- Abortion storytelling
- Sharing accurate information about crisis pregnancy centers
- Sharing resources, like creating your abortion plan
- Strategically targeting politicians on social media
You can also consider joining our PPTNM Media Corps, a volunteer group dedicated to creating content that supports Planned Parenthood's mission and movement. See bullet below for more information!
- Voter Registration. Set up tabling events, crowd canvass, etc to register voters.
- Get involved in local races. TAPP has endorsed local candidates in your area. Ask us how you can help out with their campaigns!
- Host a local candidate forum on abortion.
Contact us at [email protected] to get started!
Need help organizing anything listed below? Contact us at [email protected]!
- Speakout On Abortion/Repro Experiences
- Abortion Poetry Slam
- Abortion Activist Boot Camp
- Reproductive Justice Teach-In
- Sex Ed Trivia
- Community Health Fair Tabling
- Repro Mutual Aid/Free Store Pop-Up
- Fundraiser for Abortion Funds
- Voter Registration Drive
- Social Picnics
- Documentary Screenings + Panels
- Local Forums with pro-abortion politicians, doctors, or lawyers
- House Parties for candidates or fundraising
- Phonebanks/Textbanks for candidates
To build a powerful voice for reproductive rights, we need to express our views and educate the general public about our cause. Our PPTNM Media Corp is made up of dedicated writers who can articulate ideas and feelings through stories and research.
- Members of our Media Corp are trained by Planned Parenthood in messaging and media relations. Training is required to participate in the Media Corp so that all efforts are aligned within a strategic plan.
- Members write their statements as individuals, yet represent the shared values of Planned Parenthood in key areas of our state through written materials.
- Members respond to online articles in the comments sections.
- Members write letters to the editor, editorials, neighborhood newsletters, list serves and blogs.
- Members write and spread reproductive justice ideas through social media channels such as Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Instagram, etc.
- Members work with Planned Parenthood Public Affairs staff to develop a deep and wide PR list across Tennessee.
Interested in joining our Media Corps? Email us at [email protected]!
If you are a doctor or lawyer, work with your networks to organize a local lawyers and physicians panel to help educate the public about the impact on health care in their communities and the legal parameters for supporting abortion access.
Order stickers with scannable QR codes to purchase abortion pills online, find a nearby abortion provider, or get connected with surrounding abortion funds. Place them all over town! You can order these stickers directly from places like PlanCPills.org or INeedAnA.com.
Contact us at [email protected] to lead the trainings listed below for your group!
- Lobbying 101
- How to Have Effective Conversations about Abortion
- Data & Digital Security
- How to Build Volunteer/Organizing Teams
- Reproductive Justice
- History of Planned Parenthood
- The Courts 101: How We Got Here
- How to Talk About Abortion When You’re Running for Office (Candidate-Specific)
- Sex Education Sessions
- Reach out to @beyondroecollective on Instagram to request training on Self Managed Abortion Information
PPTNM has AbortionFinder.org posters that include a scannable QR code and yard signs. Your group could make yard signs and go in car teams to distribute in your area and neighboring counties. You could also put them alongside other campaign yard signs. Reach out to us at [email protected] to get started!
Or call 1-800-230-7526