Planned Parenthood of South, East and North Florida offers gender affirming hormone therapy (GAHT), either testosterone or estrogen, for transgender patients. We see GAHT as an important service that really goes to the core of our mission. This service can be found at all of our health centers and by telehealth appointment.
Our transgender hormone services include:
- Transgender Female (MTF) Hormone Therapy including estrogen and spironolactone
- Transgender Male (FTM) Hormone Therapy including testosterone
We may be able to start or continue hormone therapy and provide referrals for gender-qualified therapy and resources if needed. If you are on hormone therapy, you can utilize the health center for ongoing care and monitoring.
In order to receive transgender services you need to be 18 or older and capable of providing consent. Contact us at 1-800-230-7526 for specific details and to make your appointment.
What to expect on your first visit:
- In order to decrease the amount of time spent in the waiting room, please call 1-800-230-7526 or make an appointment online.
- When you check in, let our staff know you are there for transgender services. Please provide your name and pronouns (he or she or they) at the time of check in. This way, when you are called back to meet with the clinician, your correct name and pronoun will be used.
- When you are called back to meet with the clinician, please be honest about your medical history, sexuality and sexual practices. All services are confidential (except in cases of abuse), so being open with the clinician will ensure that you are receiving the best health care.
- As a transgender patient seeking services, you may consult with one of our clinicians and receive a physical assessment and lab testing as appropriate for monitoring hormones and your transition.
At Planned Parenthood we want to make sure you have all the resources you need to live a healthy and strong life. You can find additional resources for transgender care and services through one of our coalition partners, Equality Florida here.
Call 1-800-230-7526 or find a health center online to make your appointment today.
Florida Laws and Regulations
As of August 22nd, 2022, the Agency for Healthcare Administration (AHCA) has enacted a new rule that will ban Medicaid coverage for Gender Dysporia
The rule is as follows:
(a) Florida Medicaid does not cover the following services for the treatment of gender dysphoria:
1. Puberty blockers;
2. Hormones and hormone antagonists;
3. Sex reassignment surgeries; and
4. Any other procedures that alter primary or secondary sexual characteristics.