Planned Parenthood of South, East and North Florida offers hormone replacement therapy (HRT), either testosterone or estrogen, for transgender patients. We see HRT as an essential service that goes to the core of our mission. We offer this service at several of our health centers.
Our transgender hormone services include:
- Transgender Female (MTF) Hormone Therapy, including estrogen and spironolactone
- Transgender Male (FTM) Hormone Therapy, including testosterone
We may be able to start or continue hormone therapy and provide referrals for gender-qualified therapy and resources if needed. If you have previously been on or are currently on hormone therapy, you can continue care and monitoring at one of our health centers.
To receive transgender services, you must be over 18 and capable of providing consent. Contact us at 1-800-230-7526 for specific details and to make your appointment.
What to expect on your first visit:
- To decrease the time spent in the waiting room, please call 1-800-230-7526 to make an appointment first and request transgender services.
- When you check in, tell our staff you are there for transgender services. Please provide your name and pronoun (he, she, they, etc.) at check-in time.
- When you meet with the clinician, please be open about your medical history, sexuality, and sexual activity to ensure you will receive the best health care. All services are confidential.
- As a transgender patient seeking services, you may consult with one of our clinicians and receive a physical assessment and lab testing appropriate for monitoring hormones and your transition.
At Planned Parenthood, we want to ensure you have all the resources you need to live a healthy life. You can find additional resources for transgender care and services through one of our coalition partners, Equality Florida, here.
Call 1-800-230-7526 to make your appointment today.