Go to Content Go to Navigation Go to Navigation Go to Site Search Homepage

We offer Abortion services at select health centers.  Our knowledgeable staff can provide guidance to assist in this process. Below is information regarding Florida state laws and regulations.  We encourage you to discuss your decision process with a parent/guardian. Our staff are available to answer any questions you may have regarding the process.

Parental Involvement

If you decide to have an abortion and are under 18 years of age, Florida has a parental notification law that requires the health care provider to tell your parent or legal guardian 48 hours (2 days) before you have an abortion unless it does not apply to you (see below, "Exemptions from Parental Notification"). We encourage you to talk to your parent/guardian about your decision. Both of you will need to bring identification (see below, "Acceptable Forms of ID & Approved Documents"), and your parent/guardian must sign a form saying that he or she knows you are going to have an abortion.

What If I Cannot Tell My Parent/Legal Guardian?

While we encourage you to discuss this decision with your parent/guardian, we understand not every teen can. If you cannot bring your parent/guardian with you to the health center, then you will need to bring in a Judicial Bypass Waiver at the time of your appointment. For information on getting a judicial bypass, see the bottom of this page for county courthouse contact information.

Exemptions from Parental Notification

In a few situations, the law concerning parental notification does not apply. See below,"Acceptable Forms of ID & Approved Documents," for the documents required. You DO NOT need parental notification if:

  • You are or have ever been married or divorced
  • You have a minor child dependent on you
  • A medical emergency exists and there is not enough time to comply with the notification requirements
  • You get a court order to bypass (or "waive") the parental notification requirement
  • A court has emancipated you

On the Day of Your Visit

On the day of your appointment, you will fill out paperwork; have lab work done; and meet with an educator. The educator will discuss your options with you, as well as, the entire abortion process, after-care instructions, birth control options and to address any of your concerns. Generally your appointment will last 2-3 hours.

Acceptable Forms of ID & Approved Documents

The documents listed below are acceptable forms of identification to verify the following for the teen obtaining the abortion and the parent/guardian:

Teens must prove their age by bringing one of the following:a state issued photo ID; driver's license; passport, green card or certificate of naturalization; or school ID with birth certificate.

If you are exempt from parental notification, other documents will be required:

If married or divorced: you must bring a state issued marriage license or divorce certificate.

If you have a dependent child: you must bring the child's birth certificate.

If you have a judicial bypass: you must bring an official copy or the original bypass.

If emancipated-court documentation

Parents must verify their identity by providing:

  • Photo ID* with name**
  • Your child's birth certificate

Legal Guardians must verify their identity by providing:

  • A certified Letter of Guardianship from the state
  • Photo ID* with name matching guardianship papers
  • Your child's birth certificate

* This can be a state issued ID; driver's license; passport, green card or certificate of naturalization.

** If last name is different than child's, then provide proof for difference in name (i.e. marriage certificate or other state issued document showing name change)


After your visit, you may need to follow up with your provider. This visit may include an ultrasound, blood test or other follow-up work.


The fees for services include:

  • Medication
  • Pregnancy Testing and Ultrasound
  • Follow-Up Exam and Ultrasound
  • 24 Hour On-Call Nurse
  • Options Education
  • Lab Work

Additional Considerations and Fees:

  • Women who have a negative blood type will need an injection of Rhogam. The cost of this injection is already included.

  • Medications: Patients will be prescribed medications to assist them after the abortion process. They are available in generic form and are available for a nominal price at the pharmacy.

Judicial Bypass Contact Information

Below, you will find contact information for the relevant court offices at county courthouses in our service area:

Palm Beach County Courthouse
Juvenile Department, Rm 3.22, 3rd Floor
205 North Dixie Highway 
West Palm Beach, Fl 

Martin County Courthouse
Juvenile Department, 2nd Floor
100 SE Ocean Boulevard
Stuart, Fl 

Broward County Courthouse 
Rm 444
201 SE 6th Street 
Fort Lauderdale, Fl 

Miami-Dade County Courthouse
Juvenile Court
155 NW 3rd Street, Room 4319, 
Miami, Fl
305-679-2196 or 305-679-2155

Leon County Clerks Office
Suite 100-1st Floor
301 S. Monroe Street
Tallahassee, FL 32301

Duval County Courthouse
501 West Adams Street, Room 2472
Jacksonville, FL 32202

Alachua County - Clerk of the Court
201 East University Avenue
Gainesville, FL 32601
(Through security on the right)

Patient Resources

Find patient resources including health center locations, insurance information, patient forms and more.

Patient Resources