INTERNSHIP TITLE: Education Intern
REPORTS TO: Community Health Educator(s)
FUNCTION: The Education intern will support the education work at PPSENFL by assisting at presentations and lessons in the community, conducting research on sexual health topics, and tabling at events, among other tasks. This internship is a hybrid and is based in locations throughout the affiliate service area and includes some weekend and evening hours. Opportunities are available in Alachua County, Broward County, Duval County, Leon County, Miami-Dade County, and Palm Beach County.
SAMPLE SKILLS TO BUILD:
· Have confidence presenting lessons to youth and adults in schools and in the community.
· Assist with tabling event planning, including logistical and on-site details.
· Communicate via email and phone.
· Assist with online communications to community organizations and schools to offer lessons.
· Research community event opportunities.
- Student must have arrangement with learning institution to be eligible for an internship
- Excellent written and interpersonal skills
- A demonstrated commitment to and interest in reproductive health care needs/issues
- Understanding and/or interest in sex education
- A desire to assume ownership of projects by taking direction and working independently to achieve team goals
- Two professional or academic recommendations
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- The Education Intern will work with their PPSENFL supervisor to develop a regular schedule for the duration of their internship
- Must be able to intern flexible hours including some nights and weekends and be willing to travel
- Complete a positive background check
PROFESSIONALISM: Displays appropriate attitude, actions and attire for the internship. Maintains own work area. Demonstrates commitment, dedication and positive behavior.
TEAMWORK: Able to gain cooperation from others and work collaboratively toward solutions that generally benefit all involved parties. Proactively identifies opportunities to assist others and ensures that information is communicated accurately and timely. Behaves honestly and ethically.
PLANNING AND ORGANIZING: Establishes a systematic course of action to accomplish specific objectives. Determines priorities and uses time effectively. Completes the duties required of the internship. Able to change priorities according to assignments and ask for assistance as appropriate.
ATTENTION TO DETAIL: Thorough in accomplishing a task. Accurately completes projects on time.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS: Able to maintain confidentiality of all PPSENFL program students and activities on and away from the internship.
HOURS: Per arrangement with the learning institution.
If interested, please email [email protected]