INTERNSHIP TITLE: Communications Intern
REPORTS TO: Digital Advocacy Coordinator
FUNCTION: The Communications Intern will support the work of the Communications department for Planned Parenthood of South, East and North Florida by providing research, design, and content creation. This internship is remote-based and can be done from anywhere in Florida.
SAMPLE SKILLS TO BUILD:
This internship is an opportunity to engage with a variety of tasks and challenges that fall under the umbrella of communications and design. An individual intern might be interested in trying many things or might want to focus on one or two areas of expertise.
- Professional research for creating education and advocacy content
- Writing educational or advocacy content for public consumption, such as blogging.
- Presenting complex medical and political subjects in a way easy for the public to understand.
- Creating a campaign calendar across multiple social media platforms.
- Creating graphics for use online and in print that communicate educational concepts or motivate the public to take action
- Creating and editing video for use on online channels such as social media and YouTube
- Create engaging graphics, videos, or written content for Instagram, TikTok, Twitter, and Facebook.
- Research and respond to current social trends and influencers.
- Appear in video content for social media and web use
- Students must have an arrangement with a learning institution to be eligible for an internship
- Excellent written and interpersonal skills
- A demonstrated commitment to and interest in reproductive health care needs/issues
- Understanding and/or interest in communications or design
- A desire to assume ownership of projects by taking direction and working independently to achieve team goals
- Three professional or academic recommendations
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- The PA Intern will work with their PPSENFL supervisor to develop a regular schedule for the duration of the internship.
PROFESSIONALISM: Displays appropriate attitude, actions, and attire for the internship. Maintains own work area. Demonstrates commitment, dedication, and positive behavior.
TEAMWORK: Able to gain cooperation from others and work collaboratively toward solutions that generally benefit all involved parties. Proactively identifies opportunities to assist others and ensures that information is communicated accurately and timely. Behaves honestly and ethically.
PLANNING AND ORGANIZING: Establishes a systematic course of action to accomplish specific objectives. Determines priorities and uses time effectively. Completes the duties required of the internship. Able to change priorities according to assignments and asks for assistance as appropriate.
ATTENTION TO DETAIL: Thorough in accomplishing a task. Accurately completes projects on time.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS: Able to maintain the confidentiality of all PPSENFL, advocates, patients, and activities on and away from the internship. Compliance with Florida laws related to voter registration if applicable.
HOURS: per arrangement with learning institution
If interested please email [email protected]