Information regarding your visit:
Your visit will last approximately 45 minutes. You will also be scheduled for a follow-up visit a week later.
The first visit includes:
- Reviewing of your medical history
- Discussing the abortion process and reviewing any risks
- Making a plan to get medications (either by mail or picked up at one of our health centers)
We ask that you not use over-the-counter medications, alcohol, or street drugs for at least 24 hours prior to your appointment.
Ensure you have enough menstrual pads at home to last for at least two weeks of bleeding when you begin your abortion.
You are more than welcome to have a support person with you. Please let us know if another person is in the room with you during your visit.
What to have with you at your telehealth appointment:
- A photo ID
- A list of all current medications you are taking
- Insurance card (if applicable)
- If you have Medi-Cal: Please make sure you have your Medi-Cal card with you as it will cover the cost of your appointment. The name on your ID and Medi-Cal card must match in order to be used.
- If you have Commercial Insurance you’d like to use for your visit: Please make sure to have proof of insurance at your appointment. We recommend contacting your insurance company directly to confirm your eligibility and benefits. You are also welcome to call us before your appointment to review your benefit information. Any co-pays you may have are due at the time of your appointment.
- Payment (if applicable) can be made with a debit or credit card with proper ID
If you are uninsured, you may be able to receive low-to-no-cost health services through state-funded programs. Our staff can help you enroll in these programs, if eligible. If you’d like to find out if you qualify for state programs or financial assistance, call us at (626) 798-0706
Please be on time:
If you are late to the appointment, we reserve the right to reschedule. Please give yourself plenty of time to log in so you are able to make your appointment on time.
To cancel or reschedule your appointment or if you have any questions, please call us at (626) 798-0706 or cancel your appointment via the website as soon as possible. It is important to follow these instructions to make sure you are able to be seen for your appointment.
Or call 1-800-230-7526