Information regarding your visit:
This visit will last approximately 2 hours. You will also be scheduled for a follow-up visit a week later at the same location.
You will receive the following services during your visit:
- Vaginal ultrasound
- Education session
- Other medications to take at home as directed
- First dose of the medication to take at the clinic
- Lab work
Please make sure you eat before your appointment. For this appointment, there are no restrictions on food. You can come by yourself and drive yourself home. However, you are more than welcome to bring a support person. Any support person MUST have photo ID if you wish for them to be part of your visit.
We ask that you not use over-the-counter medications, alcohol, or street drugs for at least 24 hours prior to your appointment.
Make sure you have enough menstrual pads at home to last for at least two weeks of bleeding when you begin your abortion. Please wear loose and comfortable clothing and underwear that can hold a maxi pad.
It is preferred and helpful that children do not accompany you to this appointment due to the long visit length. If you must be accompanied by children, a separate responsible adult is required at all times to care for the child in the waiting area.
What to bring to your appointment:
- A photo ID
- A list of all current medications you are taking
- Insurance card (if applicable)
- If you have Medi-Cal: Please make sure you have your Medi-Cal card with you as it will cover the cost of your appointment. The name on your ID and Medi-Cal card must match in order to be used.
- If you have Commercial Insurance you’d like to use for your visit: Please make sure to have proof of insurance at your appointment. We recommend contacting your insurance company directly to confirm your eligibility and benefits. You are also welcome to call us before your appointment to review your benefit information. Any co-pays you may have are due at the time of your appointment.
- Payment (if applicable) can be made with a debit or credit card with proper ID
If you are uninsured, you may be able to receive low-to-no-cost health services through state-funded programs. Our staff can help you enroll in these programs, if eligible. If you’d like to find out if you qualify for state programs or financial assistance, call us at 626-798-0706.
Please be on time:
If you are late to the appointment, we reserve the right to reschedule. Give yourself plenty of time to get here.
To cancel or reschedule your appointment or if you have any questions, please call us at (626) 798-0706 or cancel your appointment via the website as soon as possible. It is important to follow these instructions to make sure you are able to be seen for your appointment.
Or call 1-800-230-7526