1. Download the Zoom app or visit www.zoom.com from your desktop to sign up for a free Zoom account (a valid email address is needed to confirm your Zoom account).
For smartphone/tablet use:
- Open the "App Store" (iPhone) or "Play Store" (Android) on your device
- Install "ZOOM Cloud Meetings" (iPhone or Android)
- Once the app is installed, open Zoom
For laptop/computer use:
Create a free account on the website or app (if you already have a Zoom account, skip to step #2):
- Click the Sign-Up link at the bottom of the screen
- Enter your personal details, then click Next
- You'll receive a verification email within a few minutes, then follow the directions to activate your account and create a password
- Open the Zoom app and click the Sign In link
- You should see a home screen with an orange icon named New Meeting in the top left
2. A Planned Parenthood representative will call you on the phone at the time of your appointment and walk you through the Zoom log-in process.
- Tap the Join icon
- A Planned Parenthood representative will provide you a 9-digit Meeting ID (e.g., 123-456-789) and 6-digit Password
- Ensure there is an icon with a lock next to your Meeting ID, this verifies a secure connection
3. You'll join a Planned Parenthood medical provider in a secure videoconferencing room and conduct a "face-to-face" online visit.
- To end your meeting, tap the screen to display the menu buttons
- Tap End in the upper right corner
4. If you need a prescription, visit any of our Planned Parenthood health centers to pick up your medication. Picking up your prescription at one of our health centers – Alhambra, Baldwin Park, Eagle Rock, Glendora or Pasadena – shows support for your local Planned Parenthood and allows us to continue to keep our doors open.
Tips for a Successful Visit
- Find a quiet, secure room to conduct your visit
- Use earbuds or headphones, it may help protect your privacy
- Ensure there is bright lighting on your face (Don't sit with your back to a window; it may ruin the lighting)
- Try to use a stable Wi-Fi connection when possible. Zoom will work with your phone's cell service but may count towards your data plan
- Use the "rotate camera" feature in the mobile app to switch between front and rear cameras