The Planned Parenthood of Metropolitan Washington, D.C. (PPMW) Developing Leaders Program (DLP) is a customized nine-month long, volunteer-led program for individuals ages 24-35 who are passionate about reproductive health, choice, and justice and want to learn about being effective leaders in this space. Launched in 2013, DLP has already trained 89 rising leaders with the goal of building the pipeline of local advocates, allies and supporters of PPMW and the movement.Apply Today!
Orientation: Participants kick-off the program year with a one day introductory meeting where they’ll have the opportunity to connect with cohort members and PPMW leaders through structured activities and informal discussions.
Education: Participants learn from expert faculty about sexual and reproductive health policy and activism, the biology of reproductive health, contraception and abortion, and clinic operations through a series of presentations at monthly trainings.
Mentoring: Participants will have the opportunity to mentor and be mentored during the course of the year by connecting with PPMW leadership and PPMW DLP alumni.
Group projects: Participants will work on projects that further the goals of PPMW’s fundraising, public affairs, education, or volunteer services objectives.
Participants will receive a certificate of achievement upon successful completion of the program.
- Strong passion for reproductive freedom, health and justice
- Aged 24-35 at the start of the program (September 2017)
- Willingness to give or raise $300 minimum gift* and/or commit to volunteering at a minimum of 5 events throughout the 9-month program year.
- Must attend the orientation on September 10, 2017 and attend 80% of monthly meetings to be held on the second Wednesday of the month (September through June). Additional (non-mandatory) meetings and social activities will be scheduled throughout the year.
- Individuals of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply, including health care professionals.
- Preference will be given to applicants not currently working in the reproductive health or reproductive justice fields
The deadline to apply is 11:59 PM EST August 13.