PPMW's Ambassador Program is back!
Applications are now open and will close Sunday, April 9th at midnight!
The Ambassador Program serves as an "on-ramp" for people interested in more deeply engaging with the reproductive rights community and actively supporting PPMW. Our Ambassadors are volunteers ready to advocate for sexual and reproductive health and education and abortion access across the DMV.
As we enter a new landscape for reproductive rights and face some of the biggest threats to abortion access we've ever experienced, we will need volunteers more than ever to help us mobilize here in DC, MD and VA, and effectively speak out against anti-abortion attacks. Apply now!
- Every Spring we will host an orientation for our new class of Ambassadors. This orientation is mandatory in order to fully participate as an Ambassador.
- Training will provide participants with structured activities, informal discussion, and guidance on how to speak on behalf of PPMW in terms of messaging, community engagement, education, policy and marketing.
- Bi-monthly check-ins and end-of-program cohort meeting.
THE AMBASSADOR PROGRAM WILL PROVIDE...
- Skills and specific knowledge of how you can use your personal strengths to best support Planned Parenthood and the reproductive rights movement.
- In-depth education on the biological, clinical, and political aspects of reproductive health and choice.
- The chance to be mentored by current PPMW board members and/or PPMW Developing Leader Program alumni.
- Access to a network of other PPMW advocates and supporters.
Commitment to PPMW's mission and values.
Complete volunteer background check.
Provide proof of COVID vaccination (both doses).
Attend Ambassador Program orientation.
Commitment to the six month program.
Attending at least two volunteer events per month.
Willingness to speak at public events.
Check-in with PPMW liaison bimonthly.
The application for the 2023 Ambassador Program is open, apply now! Applications will close Sunday, April 9th at midnight.
If you have any questions or need help accessing the application, please contact us at [email protected] subject line: Ambassador Program.