Abortion in Wenatchee, WA
Wenatchee Health Center offers the following abortion services:
- abortion pill (medication abortion)
- pre- and post-abortion patient education
- post-abortion follow-up exams
- referrals for other abortion services, as needed
Here's what you need to know about abortion services at this health center:
Abortion Pill (Medication Abortion)
Abortion pill (medication abortion) is offered up to 10 weeks and 0 days after the start of your last menstrual period.
If your last period was more than 10 weeks and 0 days ago, we can still help. Call us for a referral list of health care providers in your area that offer other abortion services.
Abortion pill (medication abortion) services are available by appointment only.
You will need to follow up within 1-2 weeks to make sure your abortion is complete and that you are well. In the unlikely event that you are still pregnant, you may need another dose of medication or to have an in-clinic abortion to end the pregnancy.
After your abortion pill visit, you will need access to a telephone, transportation, and backup medical care available to you once you are home.
Other Abortion Services Information
Follow-up exam required two weeks after abortion pill appointment.
Please do not bring children with you to the health center.
During your visit, you may be given the following:
- pregnancy test
- a chance to speak with a trained staff person about all of your choices: abortion, adoption, and parenting
- a conversation with the health care provider about your health history
- lab tests/blood work
- a pelvic exam
- an ultrasound
- medication if you are Rh negative
- birth control information
- a birth control method
At times there may be protesters outside of the health center. We suggest you avoid interaction with them.
Prices and Payment Information
Price ranges for our abortion services are:
- abortion pill (medication abortion) - $700
- Abortion pill services are a covered benefit of Washington Apple Health.
We will contact your private insurance company to verify benefits, and then contact you regarding the costs you may be responsible for.
Payment is expected at time of service unless other arrangements have previously been made.
Abortion services may be covered by your insurance. If you want to use your insurance, please be sure to bring in your insurance information at the time of your visit.