STD Testing, Treatment & Vaccines in Durham, NC
Durham Health Center offers the following services related to the testing and treatment of sexually transmitted diseases (STDs):
- STD testing, diagnosis and treatment, including:
- bacterial vaginosis (BV)
- genital warts
- HIV (testing and diagnosis only)
- trichomoniasis (trich)
- Other STD testing, diagnosis and treatment services are also available. Please ask our staff for more information.
- STD prevention, including:
- female condoms
- dental dams
- HPV vaccine (Gardasil)
- hepatitis B vaccine
- STD/safer sex education
STD testing and treatment services are available:
- during all business hours by appointment
We have a limited number of same-day appointments: Tues 2-7/ Wed 11-4/ Thu 2-7/ Fri 11-4 / Sat 9-1. If you need to be seen quickly, please call to reserve a slot.
Here’s what you need to know about STD testing & treatment at this health center:
Counseling and anonymous (without your name) or confidential (private) testing for HIV are provided by trained staff who are sensitive to your needs and concerns.
Counseling and confidential (private) testing for STDs are provided by trained staff who are sensitive to your needs and concerns.
Testing for gonarrhea and chlamydia for women is done via a vaginal swab. We can test for gonorrhea and chlamydia using a urine sample for men. If this test shows an infection, then we will provide you with treatment and explain how your partner(s) can be treated.
Prices and Payment Information
Price ranges for our STD testing and treatment services and safer sex products are:
- condoms - $1-$5
- female condoms - $2
- dental dams - $2
- bacterial vaginosis testing and treatment - $100-$140
- chlamydia testing and treatment - $122-$168
- gonorrhea testing and treatment - $122-$168
- herpes testing - $145-$185
- HIV Testing
- syphilis - $85-$150
- trichomoniasis (trich) - $125-$160
- comprehensive STD testing, including - $180-$300
- *** 50 % Discount for STD testing and treatment is available for those under 18.
Payment is expected at time of service unless other arrangements have been previously made.
Some STD testing and treatment services may be covered by your insurance. If you want to use your insurance, please be sure to bring in your insurance information at the time of your visit.
You may fill out an application for a Medicaid Family Planning Waiver (MFPW) at our health center. To establish coverage takes 4-7 weeks, so it advisable to apply before you need it. With the exception of Medicaid for Pregnant Women and Medicaid when Medicare is the primary, Medicaid is accepted.