Birth Control in Chapel Hill, NC
Chapel Hill Health Center offers the following birth control methods:
- birth control implant
- birth control pill
- birth control shot
- birth control vaginal ring (NuvaRing)
- female condom
- fertility awareness method
- IUD (hormonal)
- IUD (copper)
Birth control services are available:
- By appointment on:
- Mondays: 10:00am - 8:00pm
- Tuesdays: 8:00am - 1:00pm
- Wednesdays: 2:00pm - 8:00pm
- Fridays: 1:00pm - 5:00pm
We have a limited number of same-day appointments: Mon 10-8 / Tues 8-1 / Wed 2-8 / Fri 1-5. If you need to be seen quickly, please call to reserve a slot.
At Planned Parenthood, we're birth control experts. We'll help you determine the birth control method that is right for you, we can send it to you each month, and we can even remind you to take it! birth control made easy!
Get More Information on Vasectomy service
Here’s what you need to know about birth control at this health center:
If you qualify, you may be able to receive certain birth control services without a pelvic exam.
If required, you may have to schedule a Pap test or a breast exam before getting a hormonal birth control method.
Proper Attire™, Planned Parenthood’s exclusive line of condoms, is available at this health center.
Clients under 18 receive a 50% discount on all services and supplies, except Implannon, IUD, abortion services and the HPV vaccine.
Prices and Payment Information
Price ranges for our birth control methods are:
- birth control implant - $675
- birth control pill - Please contact this health center for birth control pricing information.
- birth control shot - $100-$115
- birth control vaginal ring (NuvaRing) - $30 per cycle
- diaphragm - $105 + pharmacy charge
- condom - $1-$5
- female condom - $2
- emergency contraception (morning after pill) - $25-$35
- fertility awareness methods - information only
- IUD (hormonal) - $675
- IUD (copper) - $675
- birth control methods may require an office visit fee - $50-$170
Some services may have additional charges for lab and blood work.
Payment is expected at time of service unless other arrangements have been previously made.
Some birth control may be covered by your insurance. If you want to use your insurance, please be sure to bring in your insurance information at the time of your visit.
Medicaid does not cover abortion services unless the life of the mother is in danger or in cases of rape or incest. With the exception of Medicaid for Pregnant Women and Medicaid when Medicare are primary, Medicaid is accepted.