Morning-After Pill (Emergency Contraception) in Brooklyn, NY
Joan Malin Brooklyn Health Center offers the following emergency contraception (morning-after pill) and related services:
- emergency contraception education
- emergency contraception pills
- IUD (copper)
- pregnancy testing
- rape crisis counseling referrals
Here’s what you need to know about getting emergency contraception (morning after pill) at this health center:
Emergency contraception (morning after pill) is available at this location on a walk-in basis: Anyone, no matter how old, can get the emergency contraception (EC) pill. Depending on the brand, it must be taken within 3-5 days after unprotected sex. Here's what you need to know:
EContra EZ (the generic version of Plan B One Step):
- Available to anyone over the counter without a prescription at drugstores, Planned Parenthood health centers, or other family planning clinics.
- Sold on a walk-in basis at Planned Parenthood health centers during regular business hours.
ella (one brand of EC pills that may be more effective in certain circumstances):
- All women (of any age) need a prescription for ella.
- You can make an appointment to get a prescription for ella at a Planned Parenthood health center or other health care provider.
- Or you can go to http://www.ella-kwikmed.com/ to get a prescription and buy ella online.
Copper IUD as emergency contraception:
- The copper IUD is the most effective EC option of all. If inserted up to 5 days after unprotected sex, it will not only prevent a pregnancy but will give you highly effective birth control for up to 12 years. Ask a health care provider for more information about it.
Prices and Payment Information
Please contact this health center for emergency contraception (morning after pill) services pricing information.
Services for emergency contraception (morning after pill) may be covered by your insurance. If you want to use your insurance, please be sure to have your insurance information at the time of your visit.