Planned Parenthood Day on the Hill 2017
Thank you to all of our supporters who help advocate for health care access, the protection of private medical decisions for women and families, and comprehensive sexual health information.
After Amendment 1 passed, Planned Parenthood paid particular attention to dangerous legislation which forces mandatory waiting periods on patients seeking an abortion, created politically scripted "informed consent", and passed licensing regulations designed to close clinics and further restrict access to care. We will continue to do so each legislative session. See below to learn more and to advocate with us.
- To stay up to date on political advocacy in Tennessee, check out Tennessee Advocates for Planned Parenthood (TAPP) here.
- Find your legislator here.
Issues We Care About
Planned Parenthood is tracking bills that relate to the following issue priorities:
Keep Planned Parenthood’s Doors Open: Ensure Patients Have Access to Expert Reproductive Health Care
- Defend against attempts to play politics with PP health centers. Stop any legislation and regulations that defunds Planned Parenthood, and enforce Medicaid law that guarantees people’s access to Planned Parenthood.
- Ensure that PP health centers can continue to deliver expert health care services to people of every color.
- Protect and promote the health and rights of women and girls globally.
Maintain Access to Safe, Legal Abortion: Get Politicians Out of Personal, Medical Decisions
- Preserve the right to an abortion as the Supreme Court’s decision in Roe v. Wade guaranteed.
- Demand that our leaders stop passing laws clearly designed to undercut a person’s access to a safe abortion.
- Secure laws, policies and practices to protect doctors and patients from harassment, intimidation, and violence.
Fighting for Healthcare Access for All: Keep Politicians from De-Stabilizing the Entire Healthcare System
- Secure laws, policies, and practices to advance equitable access to reproductive health services regardless of income, zip code, or the view of their employer.
- Preserve adequate funding for health safety net programs that serve underserved communities, people of color, immigrant and LGBTQ people.
- Defend against efforts to repeal laws and policies that have drastically improved healthcare access and quality.
Keep Families Together: Fight Against Racist, Archaic Immigration Policies
- Defend against deportation practices that aim to tear families apart.
- Demand that our leaders pass comprehensive immigration reform that creates a legal path to enter and stay in the United States.
- Continue to be a safe space where people without documentation can access quality, affordable health care.
To stay up to date on political advocacy in Tennessee, check out Tennessee Advocates for Planned Parenthood (TAPP).