Keynote speaker Gloria Steinem at the 2016 James Award Celebration
The James Award is named in honor of Bob James, former Memphis City Councilman and local business leader. Bob was a long-time supporter who believed ardently in the mission of Planned Parenthood. When he passed away in 2004, he left an endowment of $1 million to the Community Foundation of Greater Memphis for the annual benefit of Planned Parenthood Greater Memphis Region. The James Award is given each year to a Mid-South community member who has shown unwavering support to the ideals of Planned Parenthood.
2017 Award Recipients: Coming soon!
2016 Award Recipients:
- James Award: Representative Johnnie Turner
- Judy Scharff Lifetime Achievement Award: Eddie Kaplan
- Volunteers of the Year: Rachel Ankey and Tamara Hendrix
- Young Volunteers of the Year: Hannah Piecuch, Ema Wagner, Nora Goodman-Bryan, and Annie Vento
2015 Award Recipients:
- James Award: Clergy Organizers Against Amendment One including Rev. Earle Fisher, Rabbi Micah Greenstein, Rev. Steve Montgomery, Rev. Rosalyn Nichols, Rev. Walt Tennyson
- Volunteers of the Year: Cara McClane and Megan Rubenstein
- Young Volunteers of the Year: Ozakh Ahmed and Allison Rogers
2014 James Award Recipient: Beverly Marrero
2013 James Award Recipient: Barry Chase
2012 James Award Recipients: Gilliland Family
2011 James Award Recipients: Scharff Family
2010 James Award Recipient: Rose Johnston
2009 James Award Recipient: Betsey Mandel-Carley
2008 James Award Recipient: Virginia "Ginger" Ralston
2007 James Award Recipient: Congressman Steve Cohen
2006 James Award Recipient: Judy Ringel
2005 James Award Recipient: Jim Fri
For more information about participating in this event in the future, please contact Grace Weil, Director of Development, at [email protected] or (901) 725-3008.