PrEP (Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis)
Now available at all PPLM health centers, PrEP is a daily medication you can take to reduce your risk of getting HIV, even if your partner may be positive. PrEP works best when it is combined with condoms and other prevention methods. When taken correctly and consistently, PrEP can be more than 90 percent effective in protecting against HIV.
PrEP might be right for you if:
- Your partner is HIV-positive
- You're a gay or bisexual man who has had anal sex without a condom or been told you have an STD in the past 6 months
- You’re someone who doesn’t regularly use condoms during sex with partners whose HIV status is unknown, and may be at high risk
- You have injected drugs in the past 6 months and have shared needles or been in drug treatment for IV drug use in the past 6 months
- Your partner is HIV-negative and either you or your partner has sex with someone whose HIV status is unknown, and may be at high risk
Rapid HIV Test
Visit one of our health centers to get a rapid HIV test and have your results within minutes.
Planned Parenthood League of Massachusetts
Planned Parenthood League of Massachusetts was founded in 1928, and has been advocating and providing health care and education for 88 years.
The mission of PPLM is to protect and promote sexual and reproductive health and freedom of choice by providing clinical services, education, and advocacy.
Our vision is that sexual health is essential to every person's well-being.
Or call 1-800-230-7526