Planned Parenthood is teen friendly. We believe that young people can make healthy, responsible choices about sex. Our staff will treat you with respect, and answer all your questions honestly and with the facts.
We have programs just for teens:
- Our Peer Educators are teens too! They complete an intensive 50 hour training program, then go on to lead Teen Talk, advocate for teen issues in the legislature, and act as a sexuality resource for their peers.
- Teen Talk - Come for the pizza, stay for the program! Teen Talk has a new topic each month. It's held the third Thursday of each month (September to May) at our Baltimore City location. Just drop by!
- Weekly Teen Thursday clinic for ages 19 and younger are held every Thursday from 4pm to 6pm at our Baltimore City location. Walk-ins are welcome. Teen Thursday clinic happens year round.
- Text “PPMPE” to 94502 for updates about PPM Peer Education!
Our services are confidential.
Planned Parenthood of Maryland encourages teens to discuss their health care concerns with their parents or other trusted adults, but Maryland law allows teens to get the following services without parents' knowledge or consent:
- Pregnancy test
- Birth control
- Testing and treatment of sexually transmitted infections (STIs)
Maryland law requires that teens notify one parent in order to access abortion services, except in special circumstances. Click here for Maryland laws about reproductive health and minors.
Planned Parenthood helps teens make responsible choices. Click here for additional resources.