In general, the cost of an abortion can range anywhere from $0-$1,000. Why such a big range? The cost of abortion depends on a few different things about you and your situation. Here are some of the things that can affect how much it costs:
- Your health insurance. If you have insurance, it may cover all or some of the cost of your abortion. Call your insurance provider directly to find out about your coverage.
- Your income and financial support programs available in your area. If you don’t have insurance, or you can’t use it because of privacy reasons, the staff at your nearest Planned Parenthood health center can let you know about any programs in your area that can help you afford the out-of-pocket cost.
- Where you live. The cost of an abortion, just like the cost of medical care in general, can be different depending on where you live.
- The type of abortion you get. The abortion pill may have a different cost than an in-clinic abortion.
- How far along your pregnancy is. The longer you’ve been pregnant, the more your abortion may cost.
No matter what your situation is, Planned Parenthood health centers do their best to help people afford abortion. Call your nearest health center to find out about cost.