STD Testing, Treatment & Vaccines in Memphis, TN
Memphis Health Center - Midtown offers the following services related to the testing and treatment of sexually transmitted diseases (STDs):
STD testing, diagnosis and treatment, including:
- bacterial vaginosis (BV)
- genital warts
- HIV (testing and diagnosis only)
- trichomoniasis (trich)
STD prevention, including:
- female condoms
- dental dams
- HPV vaccine (Gardasil)
- hepatitis B vaccine
- STD and safer sex education
- HPV and hepatitis vaccines education
STD testing, treatment, and vaccination services are available:
- On a walk-in basis: Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. and on certain Saturdays from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Syphilis treatment by referral
Here’s what you need to know about STD testing & treatment at this health center:
We can test for gonorrhea and chlamydia using a urine sample. If this test shows an infection, then we will provide you with treatment and explain how your partner(s) can be treated.
For testing involving urine samples, including chlamydia and gonorrhea, do not urinate or engage in sexual intercourse for one hour before testing.
Rapid HIV testing can be done with a blood sample taken from a finger stick. The results are available in 10-40 minutes.
Counseling and confidential (private) testing for HIV are provided by trained staff who are sensitive to your needs and concerns.
Counseling and confidential (private) testing for STDs are provided by trained staff who are sensitive to your needs and concerns.
Some vaccines are given in a series over the course of several months, which would require you to return to the health center to get the full benefit.
Some STD tests require a genital exam.
Prices and Payment Information
Price ranges for our STD testing and treatment services and safer sex products are:
- dental dams - Free
- bacterial vaginosis testing and treatment - $136
- chlamydia testing and treatment - $72
- gonorrhea testing and treatment - $72
- herpes testing and treatment - $120
- syphilis testing and treatment - $52
- trichomoniasis (trich) testing and treatment - $67
- HPV vaccine (Gardasil) for an individual injection - $150
Chlamydia and gonorrhea testing are always done together and the cost is $144.
Payment is expected at time of service unless other arrangements have previously been made.
Some STD testing and treatment services may be covered by your insurance. If you want to use your insurance, please be sure to bring in your insurance information at the time of your visit.