STD Testing, Treatment & Vaccines in Memphis, TN
Memphis Health Center - Midtown offers the following services related to the testing and treatment of sexually transmitted diseases (STDs):
- STD testing, diagnosis and treatment, including:
- bacterial vaginosis (BV)
- genital warts
- HIV (testing and diagnosis only)
- trichomoniasis (trich)
- Other STD testing, diagnosis and treatment services are also available. Please ask our staff for more information.
- STD prevention, including:
- female condoms
- dental dams
- HPV vaccine (Gardasil)
- hepatitis B vaccine
- STD/safer sex education
STD testing and treatment services are available:
- on a walk-in basis: Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. and on certain Saturdays from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Syphilis treatment by referral
Vaccines are available:
- By appointment on:
- Mondays: 9:00am - 6:00pm
- Wednesdays: 9:00am - 6:00pm
- Thursdays: 9:00am - 6:00pm
- Saturdays: 9:00am - 1:00pm
Boostrix vaccine against tetanus, diphtheria and pertussis (whooping cough) for adolescents between the ages of 10 and 18 years is also available.
Many teens qualify for low-cost vaccines at PPGMR through the Vaccines for Children Program. Ask if you qualify!
Saturday openings vary. Please call ahead.
Here’s what you need to know about STD testing & treatment at this health center:
We can test for gonorrhea and chlamydia using a urine sample. If this test shows an infection, then we will provide you with treatment and explain how your partner(s) can be treated.
For testing involving urine samples, including chlamydia and gonorrhea, do not urinate or engage in sexual intercourse for one hour before testing.
Rapid HIV testing can be done by swabbing the inside of your mouth or with a blood sample taken from a finger stick. The results are available in 10-40 minutes.
Counseling and confidential (private) testing for STDs are provided by trained staff who are sensitive to your needs and concerns.
Some STD tests require a genital exam.
Some vaccines are given in a series over the course of several months, which would require you to return to the health center to get the full benefit.
Prices and Payment Information
Price ranges for our STD testing and treatment services and safer sex products are:
- dental dams - Free
- bacterial vaginosis testing and treatment - $136
- chlamydia testing and treatment - $72
- gonorrhea testing and treatment - $72
- herpes testing - $120
- herpes treatment - $106
- HIV Testing
- HPV vaccine (Gardasil) for an individual injection - $150
- HPV vaccine (Gardasil) for all three injections - $450
- syphilis - $52
- trichomoniasis (trich) - $67
- comprehensive STD testing, including - $150
- Chlamydia and gonorrhea testing are always done together and the cost is $144.
Payment is expected at time of service unless other arrangements have been previously made.
Some STD testing and treatment services may be covered by your insurance. If you want to use your insurance, please be sure to bring in your insurance information at the time of your visit.