STD Testing, Treatment & Vaccines in Philadelphia, PA
Castor Ave. Health Center offers the following services related to the testing and treatment of sexually transmitted diseases (STDs):
STD testing, diagnosis and treatment, including:
- bacterial vaginosis (BV)
- genital warts
- HIV (testing and diagnosis only)
- trichomoniasis (trich)
- Other STD testing, diagnosis and treatment services are also available. Please ask our staff for more information.
STD prevention, including:
- female condoms
- dental dams
- HPV vaccine (Gardasil)
- STD and safer sex education
STD testing, treatment, and vaccination services are available:
- On a walk-in basis: Walk-in services for STD testing without symptoms and safer sex education are available up to one hour before closing, unless otherwise noted by center staff.
- during all business hours by appointment
Here’s what you need to know about STD testing & treatment at this health center:
For testing involving urine samples, including chlamydia and gonorrhea, do not urinate or engage in sexual intercourse for one hour before testing.
Many STD tests require a genital exam.
Rapid HIV testing can be done by swabbing the inside of your mouth. The results are available in 20-30 minutes.
Counseling and confidential (private) testing for HIV are provided by trained staff who are sensitive to your needs and concerns.
Counseling and confidential (private) testing for STDs are provided by trained staff who are sensitive to your needs and concerns.
Prices and Payment Information
Please contact this health center for STD services pricing information.
Some STD testing and treatment services may be covered by your insurance. If you want to use your insurance, please be sure to bring in your insurance information at the time of your visit.